any suggestions for troubleshooting a mod crashing civ 5?

General_Jah

Warlord
hey guys, I've been getting into mods for civ 5 but recently ran into a problem with crashes. I've installed quite a few mods, most altering small aspects of gameplay. Now Civ5 is constantly crashing, sometimes in the menu system when trying to load a game othertimes in gameplay. I've tried disabling a bunch of mods and the crashes still seem to happen.

Is there a program someone has developed out there that can help troubleshoot possible mod conflicts with each other? I'm thinking the crashes are due to a conflict between the mods but honestly I'm not sure if that is it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Moderator Action: this question rather belongs into the modding area -> moved.

hey guys, I've been getting into mods for civ 5 but recently ran into a problem with crashes. I've installed quite a few mods, most altering small aspects of gameplay. Now Civ5 is constantly crashing, sometimes in the menu system when trying to load a game othertimes in gameplay. I've tried disabling a bunch of mods and the crashes still seem to happen.

Is there a program someone has developed out there that can help troubleshoot possible mod conflicts with each other? I'm thinking the crashes are due to a conflict between the mods but honestly I'm not sure if that is it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Definitely a conflict between mods - that, and countless mods have not been updated for the latest patch, which will cause crashes. If a mod you're using hasn't been updated for at least 3-4 months, chances are it's responsible for some crashes.

Definitely a conflict between mods - that, and countless mods have not been updated for the latest patch, which will cause crashes. If a mod you're using hasn't been updated for at least 3-4 months, chances are it's responsible for some crashes.

what about the mods that create maps such as the recreation of europe etc? Could these cause the crashes?

I've tried disabling all the mods except for the map mods and echoes of ages but the crashes keep happening. Not sure what to do and Cyrinno says many players have played all the way through his mod with no problems so im really unsure what is causing all this.

Top Bottom