Any way of making the first member of a Formation die last?

Leugi

Supreme Libertador
So yeah, I'm making a custom unit which has 2 types members, using the "Three Big Guns" formation, a X member in the middle and 2 Y members on the sides.

Issue is that, because of the unit's concept, I need the unit in the middle to stay alive, rather than be the first one to die. But of course, the Three Big Guns thing chooses the middle member depending on which member is called first.

But the game also kills first the member which is called first... So I've been wondering if there's a way in the Unit_Members thing for making the Y members have priority in dead order. Any ideas?

You'd need to make a new formation, which requires replacing the civ5formations.xml file in its entirety (adding yours to the end) since the formations aren't actually in the SQLite database. Unfortunately, that means it's potentially incompatible with some mods (R.E.D. Modpack for example). I can probably help make them compatible if you want to go that route, but it would require making a reference to your mod in R.E.D. and coming up with an alternate formation for the smaller scale. Then I'd need to revert those changes for my JED modmod.

Well, it's for a UU, so R.E.D compatibility isn't so much of a problem really (to apply red to a Custom Civ the user will still have to change some things by himself anyway)... Though I better make a compatibility version too then.

In any case, yeah, I'll have to use a custom Formations thing. If you're interested this is the formation I'm adding:

Code:
<Formation>
		<Name>ProtectedBigGun</Name>
		<SpacingX>40</SpacingX>
		<SpacingY>36</SpacingY>
		<SpacingMultiplier>1</SpacingMultiplier>
		<PerRowInc>0</PerRowInc>
		<YOffsetInc>6</YOffsetInc>
		<YOffsetCurved>1</YOffsetCurved>
		<Stagger>0</Stagger>
		<UnitRandomness>0</UnitRandomness>
		<BlockRandomness>0</BlockRandomness>
		<TotalWidth>2</TotalWidth>
		<XBlockSize>0</XBlockSize>
		<XBlockSpacingCount>0</XBlockSpacingCount>
		<YBlockSize>0</YBlockSize>
		<YBlockSpacingCount>0</YBlockSpacingCount>
		<CenterWidth>0</CenterWidth>
	</Formation>

wasn't the explorer from scramble of africa already have that formation? IIRC the middle explorer dude died last.

The explorers use the Early Artist formation. Biggest issue with that one is that it needs at least 5 members to put the last one in the middle (otherwise, it ends up on one side) And although I could use fake invisible members, the another problem is the spacing. My unit members are too huge so they end up too close to each other (overlapping themselves)

Top Bottom