Any way to change research rate?

ComradeKc

Chieftain
Hello community. I would like to know if there is a way to change the min and max number of years research is completed in civ 4, like in the civ 3 editor. If there is a way please let me know. Also i want to know how to make each turn only worth 1 year from the start, not 100 or 50 per turn.

my goal is to have min and max research set to 100 years and have each turn be 1 year long, so i can get a real feeling for each age of human experience, in civ 4 anyway.

You can do it with the XML I think.

But aren't you gonna have like a bazillion warriors by 3900BC?

epic and marathon claim to help you feel the expanse of time, but in a time period that you're likely to live through :p and even then lots find that too slow.
xml will prob be the way to go.

Minimum and Maximum research times, as well as no overflow, were stupid. I really like Civ3 but I'm happy they removed these in Civ4.

Anyway, it seems all you really need is to play in Marathon. I think everything takes 3 times as long except building units, which only takes 2 times as long. It makes for awesome long games with plenty of warfare and excitement.
It takes time to amass an huge army, and it's not like in some faster paced games in which by the time your army reaches the enemy they already upgraded it and doubled its size. ;)

thanks donowack i will post the question there. And what XML would it be in ParadigmShifter?? And uat2d what do you mean? there is no way to change it and you are saying it is stupid to have them or to have them be set the exact same?

I think it was stupid the fact that you could never research below 4 turns or could never research at all and get every tech in 50 turns. That and the fact that you had to micromanage and always turn the research slider down to 10% right before teching something so you could make more gpt.

Why don't you just try the marathon game speed? That way you'll get a more real feeling for each age of human experience, IMHO.

Top Bottom