1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Any way to disable Worldbuilder?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by alysenne, Nov 10, 2005.

1. alysenne

alysenne Chieftain

Is there any way to disable Worldbuilder?

It's too easy to cheat in this game because Worldbuilder is just a hotkey away. I seem to be having a hard time stopping myself from making small adjustments here and there, instead of dealing with them in normal gameplay. Unfortunately, these small changes result in really, really, really lopsided games. I have poor self-control when it comes to certain things. :(

If I can disable, I can enable again, but I'm kinda hoping that this small step will be enough of a barrier to stop me from making changes on games in progress.

Thanks!

2. Bill3000

Bill3000 OOOH NOOOOOOO! Supporter

I agree. I have the same problem. :(

3. Sadan01

Sadan01 Conical Flask

I just hate the fact that CTRL+W can be easily pressed by mistake and then spend a while loading the world builder to then just simply exit out of it. :rolleyes:

Why not make the shortcut something like CTRL+ALT+W etc. You'd have to be bashing the keyboard to get that shortcut by mistake...

4. McManus

McManus Thinkers friend

Personally, I don't see the problem. Played two full games, and never once had any urge or need to "tweak" my performance...

The problem, it seems to me, isn't in the game, is rather between the keyboard and the chair...

5. magimix

magimix Chieftain

If the urge to use the WorldBuilder is *that* strong, I suspect that any easy tweak you can do to turn it off in a game will be no barrier to you.

I mean, whatever you do to turn it off, most likely can be undone, after all.

6. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Deity

Dude, one word: WILLPOWER!!

Don't do it, man, you've got the inner strength to control yourself. ;)

7. vbraun

vbraun Raytracing

Just forget that its there.

8. MinionJoe

MinionJoe Chieftain

One could just start deleting files until WorldBuilder stopped working. :D