1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Any way to invite missionaries?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Asperamanca, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Asperamanca

Asperamanca Chieftain

I'm on a continent where Hinduism is dominant....and I don't have it!
    I would really like to make it my state religion, to improve diplomatic relations, I have already build a road connecting myself to my neighbor (Egypt, who has the holy city both for Hinduism and Judaism), and have open borders with them, but so far only Judaism spread to my empire.

Any ideas? It took me well into AD to get ANY religion at all, but with only one religion in my empire, a push for cultural victory seems out of question. I want MORE RELIGION!

2. zyphyr

zyphyr Prince

Did you spread that one religion around to all of your cities? I hope not, since natural spread of religions only occurs in religionless cities.

3. Asperamanca

Asperamanca Chieftain

I suspected that much, so I left my last city that sits right on the border religionless. I can just hope that Hinduism spreads there before internal religion spreading takes place.

4. GenocideBringer

GenocideBringer King

It doesn't ONLY spread in religionless cities, I don't think...it just very rarely spreads to anything else (Correct me if I'm wrong).

Just put no state religion. The diplo penalty for having another religion is worse than the happiness penalty. Get open boarders with all civs. Get 'em to like you..maybe that will get them to send you some missionaries.

Also, you can found a new city and connect it to a Hindu city, thereby getting a Hindu city in your empire.

5. Spiceweasel

Spiceweasel Warlord

Nothing says "I want to learn more about your religion" better than 10,000 men carrying quills, paper, and axes.

6. pi-r8

pi-r8 Luddite

God, I hate that, when the religion that exists EVERYWHERE ELSE just won't spread to my cities.

But yeah, like Spiceweasel said, if you can't bring the religion to your empire, bring your empire to the religion.

7. Asperamanca

Asperamanca Chieftain

Ok, solved itself. The city indeed got Hinduism, I immediately made it my state religion (until Free Religion, that is), and spread it. Plus founding Islam means three religions...now I'm ready to play the culture game!