any way to remove the robot?

Troneas

Chieftain
hi, i was wondering if there is any way to remove the robot from the game altogether.

not a big fan of AT-AT making their way into the game.

i tried with the buildier but that doesn't seem to help. i think i'd have to tweak the files.

thanks in advance. :)

You might soon get some hell for writing that.. :D

A-freaking-men. If they wanted to make things ridiculous, why not a tech that lets your tanks and mec infantry transform into heroic autobots? :rolleyes:

Ridiculous?

1) It was a suggestion from these boards right here

2) If your civ is 40 years more advanced than our real one, giant death robots might just happen, seeing as we already have small flying ones in real life

3) Civ IV BtS had mechs too if you enabled the included Next War mod

4) Most Civ games are won long before you get those robots anyway

Can anyone direct me to the thread where this suggestion was taken from? I'm just curious.

Exactly - IN A MOD. Not the main, serious game.

Who cares?

I've seen it only once, and that's because I went a heavy science game to get the "complete the tech tree" achievement and built it myself. It's prohibitively expensive, and there's near to no way you'll see it in a normal game. Seriously, the space parts and most wonders are cheaper than those things.

Even then, one of the first mods was to remove it. Of all the things to complain about in Civ5, the GDR is pretty far down the list.

hi, i was wondering if there is any way to remove the robot from the game altogether.

i tried with the buildier but that doesn't seem to help. i think i'd have to tweak the files.

thanks in advance. :)

I don't like the GDR either BUT...if I can replace it with an AT-AT then I would be 100% happy. :D

Ridiculous?

2) If your civ is 40 years more advanced than our real one, giant death robots might just happen, seeing as we already have small flying ones in real life

4) Most Civ games are won long before you get those robots anyway

THose flying things are not robots. Drones don't go out and do it by themselves and then have a beer with the troops when they return on tarmac.

They are controlled by soldiers in control centers with joysticks and monitors.

In my personal opinion, these weapons haven't changed warfare that much. They need to be fully automated and do the missions by themselves through reason and monitoring situations on the ground. When they reach that point, then they can add them to the that era's version of Civ.

Back to the big robot. Its stupid and people should be able to remove it from their single as well as multiplayer games.

Does the computer even build them? If not, no reason to even bother with a mod. It's not hard to just not build a unit.

Still, in Civilizations V, there is no option to disable it besides modding.

I also have never seen a fielded robot in a game. I went to make one once and finished sci victory before it finished.

Also, wouldn't you rather have a second or third nuke? It costs uranium and by that time, mech infantry and bombers are killing everything. Just seems like it would be overkill when the nuke would be handy splash damage.

I first added an AT-ST unit to Civ2 - that's how long people have wanted more futuristic units. Also added a Terminator unit and H/K unit. Had great sounds, realistic techs, and realistic strengths. Just helped give a few more turns of fun... was cool seeing a couple Terminator units try to take down the AT-ST... BZZZAP BZZZAP PEW PEW PEW!

Lol, you know, the first little mod I wrote was simply to change the tech requirement of GDR to Animal Husbandry, the resource to Horses, and the cost to 10:hammers:. Just so I could watch them frolic about without having to sit through the uncertainty and tedium of an entire game.

While we are at it, is there any way to remove the Space Race victory because there is no space ship that travels to other planets.
Oh and we need to remove the conquest victory, because no one has ever conquered the whole world.
This game is totally not historically accurate.
I want my money back.

Top Bottom