1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Any way to work around the never-ending deal bug?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Bug Reports' started by The Great Apple, Oct 13, 2010.

1. The Great Apple

The Great Apple Big Cheese

I'm right near the start of a diety game, and everything is looking up.... except I seem to have hit the never-ending deal bug. I have some deals which will really screw up my economy in the long run if I can't get them cancelled, and it seems like nothing I do will cancel them.

Are there any workarounds, or do I have to write off this game?

EDIT: If not, I think I might stop playing until the patch and hope it works retrospectively...

2. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

I set the peace duration (in global defines) to the same number of turns as the deal duration (in game speeds), and the bug doesn't seem to occur.

3. BubbaYeti

BubbaYeti Chieftain

Very interesting fix, PawelS. Can anyone else confirm this works for them?

4. The Great Apple

I guess that wouldn't work retrospectively...

5. The Great Apple

Looks like I'm going to have to write of the game.

Has anybody worked out under what circumstances these deals fail to cancel? There wasn't any war, it was a simple luxuries for gold + GPT deal on about turn 30. I'm still getting the GPT, and still don't have the luxuries, though the diplomatic advisor tells me that the deal is completed.

6. Jean Elcard

Jean Elcard The Flavournator

This bug is really annoying and would like to know a workaround too or a confirmation of PawelS solution.

I traded away a luxury resource very early in the game for a lump sum of gold (because nobody had another luxury ressource available for trading at this point of time in the game) and never! got the ressource back.

7. Shafi-is-back

Shafi-is-back Chieftain

Damn! No wonder sometimes i cant account for my luxury resources :blush: I keep checking how many i have on the map, how many deals i have active and just keep wracking my brain, then shrug my shoulders and carry on playing ... :lol:

8. The Great Apple

I told myself I'd give up until the patch. Next promising looking game I'm down one ivory and locked in perma peace with Russia. Hopefully when the fix comes it'll be retro-active so I can continue this game!

9. petrewon

petrewon Chieftain

There is a way to prevent the perma peace-bug.

Add resources into the negotiation table as a peace condition. Then the peace deal can run out, preventing the bug.

Or you can use nuke to nuke the hex near the civ with the perma peace bug with you to force a war with you.

10. TomW

TomW Chieftain

The first game I played, I experienced one instance of the never-ending-deal. I was still able to play through to victory. Now I have a game with 18 instances of never ending deals, 16 of which are open borders for gold, 1 is silver for gold, another is horses for gold. Well there is no chance to play through this game. The longer I play, the less I have to trade.

The never-ending deals are neither listed as current nor completed. The deals have been forgoten except that their effects persist.

I tried starting to build a fortress on my horses and silver to remove the improvements. Then I restored the improvements. My horses became negative even though I was not using any; so restoring the pasture only returned my horses to zero. The hidden counter of my silver resources must have gone negative also; when I restored the mine, I still had no happiness effect nor did I have silver to trade.

I tried going to war with every nation. Still I cannot get back my resources or even stop the open borders.

11. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

I thought it got fixed in the last patch...

12. TomW

TomW Chieftain

Oh, I don't have any patch. I had so many crashes with early patches, I just gave up on them as the out-of-the-box game runs without crashes on my system (except for loading games while in a game). I see the latest patch is supposed to fix the deal bug. I haven't checked for patches in about a month.

13. Teperi Blaze

Teperi Blaze Chieftain

Steam does it for you, but if you always play offline, then well...:crazyeye: