1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Any word on Pitboss?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Multiplayer' started by Bernout1, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Bernout1

Bernout1 Warlord

It's been a looong time since release. Any chance they've patched it in or have it on the roadmap?

Bernout

2. KM

KM Warlord

K2 have talked abot that they r working on it. My bet would be that it s included in G&K, but nothing I can say for certain

3. zonik77

zonik77 Chieftain

Well, tomorrow is THE DAY :) . Someone knows if Pitboss will be finally included in G&K?

4. SmegInThePants

SmegInThePants Chieftain

i would absolutely love pitboss, i work full time (nights even) and have friends who work day, and others who are in other countries, pbem servers are a lifesaver for us. People can drop in or drop out at will. Turn time limits, AI takes over a turn if you miss your deadline for some reason. If everyone happens to be on at the same time it temporarily becomes like a normal MP game, and goes back to pbem the moment someone leaves. Just awesomeness that ya don't see anymore since Stars.

Some friends of mine still haven't bought the game, and won't, until pitboss comes out for it (or some equivalent) because that's the sole reason they are interested, multiplayer games w/buds. I can enjoy the game single player, but i pretty much need something like pitboss to play multiplayer w/my friends. (plus, it allows one to play larger more epic games over long periods of time, w/out hassle). A low-overhead dedicated server setup like pitboss was for civIV makes it a snap to just permenantly host a game w/out stressing your machine or bandwidth. I might even buy some extra copies for friends if pitboss is ever released for friends who've never experienced such a thing, get them hooked!

There's a whole pbem niche crowd to appeal to here, and w/out much competition out there, its free money. Draw in that pbem crowd, create new converts to it, and be the only game in town for them.

5. Onan

Onan Dad

Have you guys checked out the GMR app available in this forum? It basically takes hotseat mode and turns it into a hassle free PBEM game (no need to email saves, etc). They're also working on some of the features you mentioned, like AI takeover or vacation mode. Highly recommended!

6. zonik77

zonik77 Chieftain

I've read some forums and it seems really cool :D But I've one question, It works with G&K?

Thank you Onan for info :)

7. Onan

Onan Dad

You're welcome. Should be fine. You can always ask the developer in his thread, if you have any questions or problems. He's very responsive.

8. m4stermel

m4stermel Giant Multiplayer Robot

Hey zonik77, GMR definitely works with Gods & Kings! You can even specify when creating a game if it's for G&K or Vanilla, which will determine the civilizations people can pick when joining it. Try it out, and like Onan said if you have any questions feel free to contact me :)

9. zonik77

zonik77 Chieftain

Thank you. I have seen the video in website, and definitely you did a good job with this :thumbup:

I'm exciting to start a game and test the GMR. I hope to have a good experience with it, as far as I haven't a good english level :(

Thank you again for your help

10. Onan

Onan Dad

You'll probably have the best experience starting a game if you do it with friends, or start a thread here to recruit players, rather than just starting an 'open' game on the GMR site and playing with whomever happens to join up.

11. Bernout1

Bernout1 Warlord

GMR sounds like the next best thing to Pitboss. Although an advantage with being hotseat is it does eliminate the turn sequencing rules we had to establish when people were involved in wars. ;)

I think I'll investigate this further next week after I get back from vacation. :)

Bernout

12. Slvynn

Slvynn Duke Vector fon Pixel

GMR seems to be awesome replacement to PitBoss

13. New Weird Order

New Weird Order Schlitzie

GMR is great. I love it!