Anybody else is addicted ?

AnyKeyz

Chieftain
Just wondering...

Anybody thinks he is addicted to Civ IV, other than me ? Some signs of addiction :mischief:

1. After a long day of work (personnally I am a programmer), you feel like your Civ game at night is your reward.

2. When you launch a game and hear the music with the long presentation, you just feel instantly better and in the mood of exploring and conquer the world

3. If you can't play Civ 4 for a couple of days, you are just starting to feel bad.

4. You haven't played any other PC games for a while, despite having an interesting collection of titles and a performant PC.

5. You think Isabella could be very nasty in bed.

Maybe I just have a problem. Any group support ? :sad: :D

I'm addicted, too!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, the Isabella in bed thing really isn't for me, but other than that, I'm with you.

I've' also developed "Civ elbow"--a condition that develops after you sprawl in front of a monitor for about 12 hours straight clutching a mouse but otherwise not moving...

Are any of you, in your dreams, in the dead of night, commanding workers around, improving tiles??? Then waking up because your "mousefinger" keeps turning the bedstand lamp on and off, on and off ... ..... ?

Now, that's addiction for you! :lol:

Oh yeah, I am commanding workers and troops in my dreams as well.

And in my dreams, Monty is even more evil :eek:

I have sweet dreams, 'cause in my dreams, Monty is dead! :mischief:

Yes, but you know you're really addicted when you wake up from those dreams to run to your computer to implement the wonderful strategies that came to you in your dreams!

I would add

6. Your wife/significant other asks you "are you playing that stupid game" and "stop playing that stupid game and come to bed" and is generally angry that you spend so much free time playing it.

@LlamaCat

That is HILARIOUS, although my laughter was sort of nervous laughter...

Yes, but you know you're really addicted when you wake up from those dreams to run to your computer to implement the wonderful strategies that came to you in your dreams!
Oh, I try, but no matter how many times I press the regenerate button, I never seem to be able to find the map from my dreams. :cry:

And in all the real maps, Monty's there, and very much alive. :eek:

I have an addiction, and recognize the symptoms. To deal with it I have enforced civ-breaks. One week no civ, and it is very hard !

It sounds better than being a SMAC addict though.

I had a dream about my Quechua dominating the world, then played it out and came 3rd in the recent highest score gauntlet!!! Result!

Are any of you, in your dreams, in the dead of night, commanding workers around, improving tiles??? Then waking up because your "mousefinger" keeps turning the bedstand lamp on and off, on and off ... ..... ?

Now, that's addiction for you! :lol:

Yeah. All the time. Too bad when you turn off your alarm clock though, waking up 15 mins before you have to leave for school because your father is yelling at you :)

Oh, and this is the closest you come to a "Anonymeous Civholics" forum...

Eh,, more fun examples of C-IV addiction - you play pirates with a friend, he finds himself an East Indiaman to plunder and you say:

"East Indiaman - replaces Galleon for the dutch empire, 4 cargo space, 6 strength, instead of 3 cargo 4 strength, same hammer cost, available with Astronomy, upgrades to transport."

And whenever someone says the name of a tech, even in another context, you mention all the abilities of the tech, the citing and whom is cited.

Maybe you guys should start "Civ Annonymous"...

The other night, I spent an hour regenerating maps because I couldn't find the perfect one. It's a little like finding a woman... when you finally get a good one, you can't help wondering after awhile if you could do better. Or, maybe I'm just overly picky about my maps.

Top Bottom