Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by AnyKeyz, Nov 8, 2007.
I'll feel bad for you.
So you need to give them a free hit movie
Or would that be gold and gems?
10 Reasons that this middle aged Guy thinks he's addicted
1) When the wife asks me to fix the dryer I absently mindedly say, give me a few centuries instead of a few minutes.
2) You buy a second home computer so the damned kids can do their homework on it and not intefere with me playing civilization.
3) Your are more interested in helping the kid's out with their history homework than science homework (I am a scientist).
4) You get up 2 hours earlier than th rest of the family on weekends so you can have some "peaceful" time to play CIV.
5) You call you wife Cathy or Issy rather than the correct name, and not realize it.
6) You tell your kids "Land is Power" when you pass the for sale sign on the neighbors lawn while walking to school.
7) You leave work early so you can buy a copy of BTS the day it is released.
8) The $3000 pool table in the basement has a nice layer of dust on it (guess I better dust it off for the holidays).
9) Your dog is getting fat because you haven't walked him everyday like the vet said. The neighbor also let's you know that the smell from the yard is getting bad and I need to get off my behind and cleanup after the mutt.
10) When I go to the bank I have to remember I get paper, not gold and I get 5% return on my money, not 50%.
OK, one more.
11) You swear your mother in the nursing home that you see once a week looks more and more like Queen Victoria.
Don't know what you guys are talking about. I can totally stop anytime I want to. I just don't CHOOSE to stop. Serious, man. ANYtime I can stop cold turkey. Just don't wanna.
Only problem I have is the "Civ Time Warp". Somehow, I sit down to play and it creates some hole in the space/time continuum because I'll look up 5 minutes later and 3-1/2 hours have gone by. Eerie.
my entire family (siblings, aunts, uncles, etc) on my dad's side gets together once a year. this year it was the week that BtS came out. before we left for the trip, hubby realized it would be released while we were out of town, and actually asked me if i was gonna take time to run to a computer store and buy it. ok let's think about this:
- i'm on vacation with my family, and i want to actually spend time with them
- i'm not anywhere near my computer, so i can't play it even if i do get it and wasn't lucky enough to have a fun family
- i don't know where any computer stores are
- i would have to borrow my mom's or dad's car. they don't mind that at all. but they have very pricey cars, so i am way too nervous to drive 'em on the insanely windy roads where we stay, and hubby knows that.
but with all that, he thought i was so addicted i'd want it on release day anyway! he's crazy and he thinks i'm crazy too, apparently.
of course i didn't buy it until we got back home. i did use dad's laptop to surf the forums when everybody else was asleep during vacation tho. so yeah i'm pretty addicted *giggle*
I was going to play just one more turn...two hours ago...
Reasons that this middle aged gal thinks she's addicted:
I bought a THIRD home computer so the damned kid AND damned husband would not interfere with my civ games...
It's kind of refreshing to see some ladies are addicted too.
I don't count Kmad, because she's nuts .
Civ Anon is for quitters and I'm no quitter!!!
i do this (but with the mrs not the kids!) though i'm making sure the laptop i buy her can run Civ iV not that she knows it though...
above sounds very familiar to me, but I am not allowed to say anything when she is playing a stupid online game like tetris...
Rofl (That means the same goes for Catherine)
We ARE talking about TheLopez's pirates mod, right?
Separate names with a comma.