1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Addicted?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Macintosh' started by Zaimejs, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Skippy_Kangaroo

Skippy_Kangaroo Prince of Denmark

Only in the sense that it will also resolve the battle for you which was the thing to be avoided in the first place ;)

(And that's practically the same given that it's a ctrl-click for us single button mouse users. Or did you mean shift-click? Wait, is that with the option to make the contextual menu come up on a shift-click or option-click? My head hurts - what happens if I shift-cmd-click? :confused: )

2. von Tirpitz

von Tirpitz Chieftain

yeah, I'm already addicated to Civ 4. Still one of the most fascinating ideas in computer games, nevermind I'm already playing Civ since 14 years ..

Now we just need Aspyr to get the technical issues fixed and then I need to find a good explaination to my fiancée of why do I need to sit in front of the puter all day ;)

3. zanyciv

zanyciv Chieftain

I played my first game of it last night for like 3 hours on the small inland sea map. I am thouroughly addicted. The wonders cutscenes that didn;t work in the tutorial are working in gameplay and there is sound. When they get the minor graphical errors and battle sounds fixed this game will be everything I expected. The new gameplay from the last civ game I played (civ II) is an awesome improvement. I love being able to close my borders and the automation of management seems really good. I haven't had religion effect my gameplay much, but when you have state-sponsored religion and send missionaries to your outlying cities it seems to boost production, happiness, and culture a lot. Anyway, here's hoping Aspyr works everyting out and happy civ-ing!

----
    1.83GHz CoreDuo iMac, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600, 1GB RAM
    10.4.7 Intel (fixed build a) - QT 7.1.2

4. Welnic

Welnic Chieftain

If you right-click and hold on the unit you want to attack it will show you the odds. The attack will not take place until you release the mouse button. If you move the pointer to where it doesn't indicate an attack or movement you can then let it go.

5. Skippy_Kangaroo

Skippy_Kangaroo Prince of Denmark

Aaaah! (And just to get past the 10 character filter here, aaah!)

6. Zaimejs

Zaimejs Chieftain

Just for the record... after another 4 a.m. morning, I had my son hide the DVD for a few days. Playing the Ice Age... I am doing well at Noble. Thought I'd get smoked.

7. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

You are obviously ready for .... G O T M ! Go for it!

8. lateralis

lateralis Chieftain

ah yes, the GOTM.

I'm considering downloading the current one and messing around a bit just to get my feet wet before jumping into competition on august 1. would that make me still in training? ;)

just curious alan, since your on the staff, any thoughts about doing an actual planned OCC game in the GOTM? maybe it's already been done since 4 came out but I haven't followed it for obvious reasons. I'm just playing my first OCC in 4 right now (took a break for dinner) which is why I ask.

9. Zaimejs

Zaimejs Chieftain

If only I knew what that meant.

10. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

@Zaimejs: OCC is a One City Challenge. It's a variant to the rules where you are only ever allowed to build one city. There are lots of variants that have been developed over the years by Civ players. Some variant rules have to be self-imposed, but I think OCC can be set up as a standard option in the Civ4 game.

@lateralis: Games of the Month are not typically played to variant rules, as we want to be as inclusive as possible, and variants are often not to everyone's taste. We get enough complaints as it is when we change map size or speed :eek: Some players will impose the OCC rule themselves, just to spice up their game. But if the demand were there, I'm sure we could set up a formal OCC GOTM. Why not play a few games, and get involved in the GOTM community. Then, if OCC is your thing, see how much interest you can drum up.

11. bio_hazard

bio_hazard Chieftain

<Anyone Addicted?>

Um, yes. :mischief: I decided to try to finish of my lame chieftan game this morning. Thought I was almost there. I'm sure i could have won by some military victory, but was having fun seeing all the wonder movies so I went for diplo. Built UN, but was always 1 person short of getting a win that way. Was elected sec-general at least 4 times. Finally finished around noon with a space race victory, decided, hmm, I guess I'll have lunch at home, and then go into work. Wait, I could start a new game while I eat! Great idea! Just the first few moves... yeah, right. At 3 I decided I better leave so I could make it into the office for my 5pm meeting. But things are looking good for Rome- this time on Warlord. :)