Anyone can think of a way to make it so a land unit doesn't embark but move and attack as normal?

Swinns

Chieftain
oops. meant:
Can anyone think of a way to make it so a land unit doesn't embark but move and attack as normal on sea?

I am trying to make essentially a flying missile cruiser and I need find a way to either make land units not embark, naval units ability to go on land. I have been trying to make this unit for about 3 days but I am new to this and kinda at my wits end. I've tried messing with the unit tags and domain/formation stuff but it hasn't worked with what I have tried but I could be fudging it up somewhere.

If anyone has any ideas I would gladly appreciate them. Or at least info on what the domain and formation tags do/where they are in the code.

Last edited:
I am not sure but my temptation would be to start with a naval unit and try to make it go on land rather than the reverse. I have no idea if this is possible.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Gameplay\Data/Units.xml
Code:
<UnitFormationClasses>
	<Row FormationClassType="FORMATION_CLASS_AIR" Name="LOC_FORMATION_CLASS_AIR_NAME"/>
	<Row FormationClassType="FORMATION_CLASS_CIVILIAN" Name="LOC_FORMATION_CLASS_CIVILIAN_NAME"/>
	<Row FormationClassType="FORMATION_CLASS_LAND_COMBAT" Name="LOC_FORMATION_CLASS_LAND_COMBAT_NAME"/>
	<Row FormationClassType="FORMATION_CLASS_NAVAL" Name="LOC_FORMATION_CLASS_NAVAL_NAME"/>
	<Row FormationClassType="FORMATION_CLASS_SUPPORT" Name="LOC_FORMATION_CLASS_SUPPORT_NAME"/>
</UnitFormationClasses>
Promotion-Classes are defined in file UnitPromotions.xml in the same base-game files folder.

Unit Domains "DOMAIN_LAND", "DOMAIN_SEA", and "DOMAIN_AIR" are never actually defined anywhere nor assigned a "Type" or "Kind" in table <Types>. They are merely referenced as needed within the XML files and then implemented directly at DLL level. A search through all XML and SQL files of the game looking for DOMAIN_LAND, DOMAIN_SEA, and DOMAIN_AIR will not reveal any place wherein these are actually defined.

The definition of table "Units" does not reference column "Domain" (or "FormationClass") to any other table:
Code:
CREATE TABLE "Units" (
		"UnitType" TEXT NOT NULL,
		....snipped lines......
		"Domain" TEXT NOT NULL,
		"FormationClass" TEXT NOT NULL,
		"PromotionClass" TEXT,
		PRIMARY KEY(UnitType),
		....snipped lines......
		FOREIGN KEY (PromotionClass) REFERENCES UnitPromotionClasses(PromotionClassType) ON DELETE SET DEFAULT ON UPDATE SET DEFAULT,
		....snipped lines......
;

Top Bottom