Anyone else anticipate the AI changes + diplomacy the most?

Mountain Wumpus

Chieftain
Ok, by now, we pretty much know all about the new civs, leaders, UUs and UBs. Myself, I'm quite happy about the choices.
But then, as far as I'm concerned, they could have added the Luxembourg Empire and the Dominion of Tonga. I realize that this sort of content is pretty much expected for a Civ expansion, but it's not really what I'm looking forward to the most. (Not that there's anything wrong with doing so.) I'm much more interested in the new game mechanics and the better AI.

For one, I'm curious how the new diplomacy options turn out. I thought that warring was too important in vanilla & warlords. A good strategy game gives a multitude of strategies to pursue, and the possibilities for comebacks and underdog wins. Civ4 wasn't ideal in this regard.

Second, and this alone would make BTS stock full of win for me, I'd like to see an AI that treats every opponent, including the human player, as equal and still stands a fighting chance at winning. No secret standing modifiers, no tech trading with enemies, an equal chance of declaring war and backstabbing on anybody, etc. It may be a pet peeve, but it's what annoyed me the most about Civ4 so far.

However, we seem to know rather little about this part of the expansion. So what are everybody's expectations?

Well, we know Blake is working on the AI with firaxis, and they've mentioned numerous times how much better the AI is, how it needs less bonuses to compete with human players, how it should play more like an experienced human player, etc. So it looks like your wish will be granted.

Top Bottom