Anyone else finding it a bit buggy?

sherbz

Deity
Problems i have encountered so far:

- 3 crashes for unknown reasons
- the mouse gets "stuck" and starts jittering so its hard to select stuff. You can fix this by minimising the game and then re opening. Bit annoying though.

- the mouse gets "stuck" and starts jittering so its hard to select stuff. You can fix this by minimising the game and then re opening. Bit annoying though.

If you have any game pads, joysticks or similar connected, then disconnect them before playing. It could be the reason.

The only three issues I came across were:

- Editing my AI persona didn't "save" when clicking, I had to exit out for the changes to be made and I sitll don't know if they applied properly. The Save button is utterly unclickable for me
- One of the narrative comments by the narrator returned an error string on the bottom in red.
- At one point my unit disappeared completely even with the unit icon, but it later showed up after I merged it into another stack.

My first ~7 hours were surprisingly clean of bugs. A couple I didn’t notice:

When myself and an ally had our war support decay to 24 I got popups that our war support was getting low like in an actual war. War support between allies seems to decay to 0 so this just seems like a bug in the message.

Auto explore, especially naval auto exploring, sometimes gets stuck or something. Just keeps going back and forth until I move it manually for a turn or two.

I find that eventually you get to a point where the game gets stuck on "turn pending" a lot when you try to click end turn and you basically have to force quick save + quick load to make it progress. In my first game it happened towards the end, but now I started a new one on a huge map with 10 players and it's happening almost immediately. This feels like the game gets stuck when there are too many things to calculate at once or something. Pretty annoying, probably needs a fix

Also err I don't know if I'm being stupid or not but how exactly are you supposed to end the game? I researched the full tech tree and I thought that was supposed to trigger a conclusion according to the game settings but nothing happened.. just kept going as normal

Also err I don't know if I'm being stupid or not but how exactly are you supposed to end the game? I researched the full tech tree and I thought that was supposed to trigger a conclusion according to the game settings but nothing happened.. just kept going as normal
Sadly, it's a (meanwhile known) bug that the end doesn't trigger. I haven't seen a solution for how to get the game to end when this happens.

I find that eventually you get to a point where the game gets stuck on "turn pending" a lot when you try to click end turn and you basically have to force quick save + quick load to make it progress. In my first game it happened towards the end, but now I started a new one on a huge map with 10 players and it's happening almost immediately. This feels like the game gets stuck when there are too many things to calculate at once or something. Pretty annoying, probably needs a fix

That might not be "stuck", it may just be stuck "porcessing". Usually when you are about to get hit with a mad-lot of greviances either way.

I found about 3-5 turns where the game took few seconds before getting and all of them proceeded with me being notified about several greviances being triggered.

If you have any game pads, joysticks or similar connected, then disconnect them before playing. It could be the reason.

This seems to have sorted it. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Still keep getting crashes though. And then it crash dumps somewhere (presumably somewhere at Amplitude). Annoying really as im quite enjoying it so far.

This seems to have sorted it. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Still keep getting crashes though. And then it crash dumps somewhere (presumably somewhere at Amplitude). Annoying really as im quite enjoying it so far.
One common reason for crashes has to do with old files from the open betas. So, in case you played these, you might want to delete some of the old folders. Instructions for that can be found at the official forums.

One common reason for crashes has to do with old files from the open betas. So, in case you played these, you might want to delete some of the old folders. Instructions for that can be found at the official forums.

Im a Human Kind virgin :D

Hmm, so bugs I've encountered...
- In two separate online multi sessions with friends, a frien and I were unable to get civics to trigger, so we didn't have civics for the short timed we played those sessions.
- Battles will sometimes hang. So far the workaround seems to be saving the game, then quitting out and reloading.
- Sometimes I see +1 STR from Lighthouse of Alexandria on attacks between land units. If I see it again in the future, I'll make sure to take a screenshot.

70 Plus hours in and no crashes, video glitches or obvious game bugs to report yet - though when I loaded up a saved game the next day, the initial screen I got was only part of the graphic layer, and it took a few seconds for the rest to finally fill in - with no problems, though.

No crashes, some minor hanging, a few bugs to do with yields e.g.
- Tara quarter not displaying mountain adjacency yield
- Machu Picchu only giving food to new cities, not existing ones
- Gemstone giving negative gold bonus (fixed on reloading)

Overall it's really good for release day.. I'm old enough to remember civ1-4 on release :lol:

Is there a place to report bugs? Might be worth linking to :)

It is nice that all my hangs have been fixed by save reload. Had an epic battle in beta hang and that didn’t fix it.

I just stole lighthouse in my current game, quick, everyone, embark!!

Uhg, can’t go to shore with an embarked unit if there is fog anywhere nearby since it path plans as if it can freely go ashore in the fog.

Top Bottom