1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else getting super aggro AIs with the new diplo tweaks?

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by jack3552, Oct 17, 2020.

1. jack3552

jack3552 Chieftain

My first game on the new version and I'm playing deity Spain, almost every single civ in the game is declaring war on me in Medieval/Renaissance. I haven't started a single war in this game, and I'm not game leader in any demos, in fact I'm about 6-7 techs behind the pack. All four AIs on the other continent declared on me within a few turns of meeting me (even Siam and Netherlands who aren't usually aggro). The only AI penalty I see is 'religious differences strain your relationship' for a -40 hit (seems a bit excessive - having your own religion shouldn't mean everyone completely hates you). The only other thing I can think of is that I've settled pretty wide.

Anyone else experiencing similar?

2. Patee

Patee Chieftain

bribed wars?

Novntis likes this.
  3. andersw

andersw Emperor

Yes I think there are not enough dedicated wars and far too much dog piling for no reason or too cheap bribe wars.
    There are also a lot of nonsensical defensive pacts.

4. stii

stii Prince

The AI does tend to love or hate you. You get one DoF and then others follow or you don't and lots of players dislike you. The AI is pretty aggressive in general and as the human you will have the weakest army most of the time. It does sound like you are meeting the AIs pretty late, it is possible that meeting so late is causing them to not have a good relationship with you as well.

I find that one deity AI will normally declare on you but it won't be all of them unless they are the more aggressive civs. It could be many different things causing it. It sounds like you are going religion pretty hard so a good way to make a friend is to spread your religion to someone who doesn't have one.

5. Zanteogo

Zanteogo King

Turn off bribed wars in to diplo options file in your core changes folder.

The AI loves to do them currently, regardless if there is a benefit to them or not.

With it off wars seem to decrease by 50%

andersw likes this.
  6. andersw

andersw Emperor

Could you please give me a description on how?

7. Zanteogo

Zanteogo King

The file is in your mod folder, mine is located:

C:\Users\emusk\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(1) Community Patch\Core Files\Core Changes

Your login name will replace "emusk"

It's a file named DiploAIOptions.sql use any text editor including notepad to edit it.

Inside you will find some various options you can change.

To remove war bribes change

SELECT 'DIPLOAI_DISABLE_WAR_BRIBES', '0';

to

SELECT 'DIPLOAI_DISABLE_WAR_BRIBES', '1';

or

SELECT 'DIPLOAI_DISABLE_WAR_BRIBES', '2';

jack3552, cerk, Novntis and 2 others like this.
  8. jack3552

jack3552 Chieftain

Thanks so much for this! That should help a lot