Anyone else hate the popups for map info?

CBE Player

Warlord
Hi
I have really began to get tired of all the auto popup/info boxes on every tile my cursor is on. It always comes up when I am attacking another unit and blocks the sight of the units unless I move the cursor out of the way. (It would rest nicely on the current battle scene but blocks sight instantly)

I wish there was a mod, or fix by the devs, that would put this info box up in the top corner like in Civ Beyond Earth so they are out of the way completely.

Anyone else think this would be a good idea? Is there a modder whose reading and might do this at some point?

Thanks for reading!

You can speed up the time of the popup now.

I agree, I hate having to wait a second or two for information to popup. If it was instantly available somewhere else, I would not mind at all. But maybe this was an idea for the creation and customization section where you can access the modding community.

Yeah if a moderator could move this to that section... I was not thinking of it that way at time of posting.

You can speed up the time of the popup now.

I will check that out too when I get home later. but speeding that popup will still have it in the way of sight.

I will check that out too when I get home later. but speeding that popup will still have it in the way of sight.
So you maybe would prefer to delay the popup to say 3 or 4 seconds?

There is a setting in one of the ini/config files that puts it in the bottom left corner.

Way better, but they still need to make it more consistent. Many times it will not show and you need to take the mouse off and bring it back on to get it to pop. Not as bad as the notifications, but still not working great.

So you maybe would prefer to delay the popup to say 3 or 4 seconds?

Sorry for the delay, No not for me I guess it would be best for the whole window to show up in upper right corner like CBE has it. But probably anywhere else besides on the center of the screen where my cursor is at the moment when fight battles especially. Of course a delay that keeps the window off until the battle is done might work in certain cases. It would be problematic as I rarely get involved in only one battle per war.

There is a setting in one of the ini/config files that puts it in the bottom left corner.

Way better, but they still need to make it more consistent. Many times it will not show and you need to take the mouse off and bring it back on to get it to pop. Not as bad as the notifications, but still not working great.

I don't think I have seen this yet, or just not sure.

In Documents > My Games > Civ6
UserOptions.txt

;if the plot tooltip follows the mouse cursor (0 = off)
PlotToolTipFollowsMouse 0

Thanks Everyone!
I'll go change that to try it later today.
I only go online a couple times a week so sorry for the my delayed responses.

Alright Problem Solved. For the time being, thanks! @legalizefreedom that's the help I needed.

You're welcome.

I tend to go through the ini files of a new game just to see what options are not on the options screen (yet). Many you don't know exactly what to expect, but try it and you may like it.

Oh damn, amazing! This bothered me since V.

You're welcome.

I tend to go through the ini files of a new game just to see what options are not on the options screen (yet). Many you don't know exactly what to expect, but try it and you may like it.
Unfortunately I'm not an ini file type of person. but thanks!

Unfortunately I'm not an ini file type of person. but thanks!

You are apparently a BE player. One ini tweak I can't do without in BE is to resize the minimap so you can actually see it. I can hunt it down if you're interested.

You are apparently a BE player. One ini tweak I can't do without in BE is to resize the minimap so you can actually see it. I can hunt it down if you're interested.
I can take a look at it if it is on the steam workshop listings. if not I probably will not be using it. (mostly I played CBE until the latest patch now I am currently just using C6 for the fix), but thanks anyways.
What is the name in case I can use it?

I can take a look at it if it is on the steam workshop listings. if not I probably will not be using it. (mostly I played CBE until the latest patch now I am currently just using C6 for the fix), but thanks anyways.
What is the name in case I can use it?

It's not a mod, just an ini tweak.

C:\Users\<username>\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth

config.ini

[MiniMap]

; Default 245x140

For 1920x1200
Width = 380
Height = 275

For 2560x1440
Width = 500
Height = 300

These are the numbers I've found grow the minimap to just the right size. Your mileage may vary, but you can easily adjust the width and height independently.

It's not a mod, just an ini tweak.

C:\Users\<username>\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth

config.ini

[MiniMap]

; Default 245x140

For 1920x1200
Width = 380
Height = 275

For 2560x1440
Width = 500
Height = 300

These are the numbers I've found grow the minimap to just the right size. Your mileage may vary, but you can easily adjust the width and height independently.
I would not be interested, thanks anyways!

In Documents > My Games > Civ6
UserOptions.txt

;if the plot tooltip follows the mouse cursor (0 = off)
PlotToolTipFollowsMouse 0

bless you, legalizefreedom!! this is WAY better. It was driving me insane as I transition from Civ 5 to 6.

Any idea how/where to turn off the smaller resource tooltip? it interferes with seeing map details, which is all I want.
I've looked in "PlotToolTip.lua" and "PlotToolTip.xml", but could not find any constant or code that looked related.
upload_2017-8-23_9-4-20.png

what is the point of the smaller resource tooltip anyway!? All it gives is the name and type of resource, which one can clearly see via resource icons.

Any help or direction on the smaller resource tooltip would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-23_9-3-51.png
    upload_2017-8-23_9-3-51.png
    329.7 KB · Views: 66
Top Bottom