anyone else miss the slave trade?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by naterator, Mar 25, 2006.

1. naterator

naterator Bravely running away

in civIII, you could trade workers that were in your capital as part of a deal, anybody else miss this? it also kept track of the nationality of captured workers and (i think) foreign workers were marginally less effective. this allowed the trading back of captives after a war, and since your own workers worked harder than the slaves, it was worth the effort to trade them. i felt it added another aspect to the game that i'd love to see again. i also loved the sacrificing option given in some of the C3C scenarios, where sometimes a unit defeated in battle would become an enslaved worker who could work or be sacrificed for culture! maybe captured workers could be 150% effective and dissapear after 10 turns? or am i going to hell for even suggesting all this?

2. Malarkey

Malarkey Chieftain

In Civ4, you can kidnap workers from other civs, and put them to work in your own land. They seem to be just as effective to me. :nya:

3. naterator

they are just as effective, i dunno, i just miss seeing "worker - roman" 1000 years after i finished off rome. gets me all nostalgic

4. GrandMatt

GrandMatt Warlord

The workers in civ 4 are all the same wether captured or self built, india converts captured workers to fast workers. I prefered slaves in civ 3 because you could have millions of captured workers and not pay huge support costs.. which pwns!

5. naterator

what i really miss most is the ability to throw a couple of workers into a deal to sweeten it up, though.

6. MoonBase

MoonBase Warlord

Yeah, I liked that aspect, too. Would've been nicer if the AI had bothered with reciprocating, I always thought.