Anyone else thought we would have got a new DLC?

slyone14

Warlord
So, I am super happy about the patch and feel it is a great step to improve and already great game. But, anyone else kinda sad we didn't get new DLC with this patch? I was honestly thinking that we would have received this content. Hopefully soon!

I'm glad that the team is working on patching and improving the game, rather than milking us for more money already.

I expected a DLC to coincide with the first patch too. Oh well. I still expect one before Christmas .

Firaxis: More class than Paradox (see: Stellaris). If that doesn't shake your worldview, nothing will.

Firaxis released a patch, fixed the major issues, and didn't try to milk the playerbase for $10 for the patch.

Yeah, me too. If none arrives before Christmas, I expect that this forum will explode (even more than normal).

Okay, I can totally agree here with this statement. I am gonna hope for this also. I have my first 4 free so I am ready. If it matters to anyone, Civ 5 was released September 21, 2010. The first DLC, Babylon (please noo, Firaxis) was released October 25, 2010. So maybe In two weeks.

Firaxis: More class than Paradox (see: Stellaris). If that doesn't shake your worldview, nothing will.

Firaxis released a patch, fixed the major issues, and didn't try to milk the playerbase for $10 for the patch.

half of the content they include in DLCs is free, and they have very frequent sales. Stop spreading lies.

I would have been surprised if a DLC were released last night; for Civ V, they announced each DLC a couple of weeks before release; to get some pre-order sales.

Strongly disagree. Stellaris had bad start, but much better than CIV6. Stellaris is 1st 4x by Paradox thus the early flaws are more excusable (a little, but still), while civ 6 is in many aspectecs is the same game, ie warefare, and AI of that is worse than 5. Stellaris is much more complex game in many areas (planets with different species, different ethics within the same species, enourmously complicated diplomacy comparing to CIV, slavery, revolutions, opposing paries within empire figthing for independence and many more) and very innovative, thus early flaws may be excusable a little bit more. Stellaris is now pretty good game (after last patch), while CIV is far away from that. Stellaris had free patches, I do not get point about paid DLC. CIV will have them. And still with first paid DLC Stellaris is 10$ cheper than vanilla CIV. Class? Paradox devs are comunicating with players, admit their mistakes and say every week what they are thinking of doing, discussing with players. We had no communication from Firaxis, they just answer on Facebook the positive comments. Somebody says: "I love civilization", they answer "we love you too". No reference to many objections of community, that is their class.

Last edited:
Stellaris doesn't have a 10th of the depth of civilization 6. Having lots of things which are different isn't depth, it's decor. You can customise species in lots of way, but at the end of the day the only thing you do is endlessly micromanage upgrading buildings just-in-time as pop grows and redesign ships to use slightly more powerful generators/weapons/shields. Don't get me wrong, I love paradox and think that EU4 (after years of patching) is an absolute master piece of a game. I also adore sci-fi and anything to do with space. But stellaris is simply dull. It's all micromanagement (even worse than EU3!) with no actual strategy behind it.

Stellaris doesn't have a 10th of the depth of civilization 6. Having lots of things which are different isn't depth, it's decor. You can customise species in lots of way, but at the end of the day the only thing you do is endlessly micromanage upgrading buildings just-in-time as pop grows and redesign ships to use slightly more powerful generators/weapons/shields. Don't get me wrong, I love paradox and think that EU4 (after years of patching) is an absolute master piece of a game. I also adore sci-fi and anything to do with space. But stellaris is simply dull. It's all micromanagement (even worse than EU3!) with no actual strategy behind it.

I do not agree. Yes, there is some micromanagement, but not comparable with CIV. Have you tried after last patch? I do no like micromanagement, but managing 5 planets is not a terrible task queing builts. Of course heavy micro would improve the outcome, but not doing that does not influence results in any significant way. I do not think that uprgading units is needed very often. If not in war, not neccesary very often. If at war, yes. But have in mind that new laser is not game changer, putting it to ship means increase of DPS but decrease of defences. And ship designing is not micro (repetitive task with no meaning). It is not repetive as technologies come to you "randomly", it is important design ships which beat opponents (again not repetitive). While in CIV you need upgrades sometimes twice during the siege:p. That is micro. Not mentioning logistics of army (repetitive, no value added). Different species are not decor, they add complexity and depth wich CIV does not have (i am not saying it should). Having those different species means decisions - purge, slave, do something with edict, make vasal. Not mentioning dilomacy behind it.

I played Stellaris after lunch - I admit, it was bad. But I tried it recently - really decent. Maybe I need spend more hours to see, but that's diference to CIV - I noticed so many flaws in the first day... that I could not conitinue.

Tell me please where is the depth of CIV?

War? Pure micro and execution with no strategic depth. Stellaris - somehowe competitive opponents, aggresive, harrasing, taking your planet.
Diplomacy? Is there? Stellaris - huge amount of options changing gameplay. AI active, building friendsips, confederations, making vasals, declaring war when you are week.
Technology? Reserearching what you have Eureka for, than building something to have Eureka. Wait with technologies where you are sure to have Eureka. Stellaris - nothing to fancy, but less linear.
Policy cards? No brainer, you need army, you pick the one to built it. At peace - decrease mainteanance. Need builders? Chose one and build three than change to something else. Stellaris - Empire edicts, planet edicts, policies which changing means 10 years of cooldown. Significant iplomacy efect. Tradeoff between policies, empire expansion (you need this "administration points" to expand after patches), and relations with AIs
Districts - yes, there is some depth, agree. But the design is hard to be used by AI. Stellaris -simpler sytstem of adjacency bonuses.

Last edited:
When does Aztecs unlock? Anyone think there would be paid DLC released before the free DLC is released?

They might bring out a DLC pack before the Aztecs unlock with an early unlock for the Aztecs included in it.

Yeah, me too. If none arrives before Christmas, I expect that this forum will explode (even more than normal).
I doubt that very much, there is an optics problem with trying to make more money when your already paid customers are still not sitting with a complete product. Releasing this patch now without a peep about DLC was the correct move. There are still more items to be fixed, and balancing is yet to be done in any meaningful way, so it's likely we wait longer on new dlc until they feel confident they don't get blowback from people for trying to score extra cash with an incomplete game

Aztecs are that big a deal to you guys? I don't like playing them nor do I like them next door. :) Stellaris being discussed in a civ thread really, :rolleyes: why play civ at all or carry on communications on a civ website saying civ isn't an in depth enough compared to Stellaris, okay play that instead.

Oranges and apples to me, space 4x game compared to a 4x Earth ground based game.

Stop the bickering guys over nothing, there is no comparisons Civ is Civ, if you like it cool. If not go bark about it some place else. :lol:

DLC already how can that be and why as someone stated would we want to be milked for more money now? I want the SDK Tools first not a DLC get realistic not ***** about nonsense that has no business being compared.

I would have been very surprised for a DLC less than 30 days from release. Honestly I will be surprised if there's a new DLC before the Aztec unlock.
Ditto.

Besides, makes commercial sense for them to patch the game and make people happy, so those happy people then spend their cash on the DLC when it's released (not everyone pre-ordered to include DLC! Although I did :crazyeye: )

Top Bottom