Anyone esle getting junk mail after installing Steam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingYosef

Warlord
Just curious, anyone else notice a increase in junk mail being delivered to your house after installing steam? Cause I've been getting a lot of annoying random junk mail after I installed Steam.

Just curious, anyone else notice a increase in junk mail being delivered to your house after installing steam? Cause I've been getting a lot of annoying random junk mail after I installed Steam.

Ya sorry about that.. I gave them your address when i signed up :D

I've also noticed a lot more oil spills since I've installed Steam. Coincidence? I think not.

Spam? I keep hearing about people getting this but have never seen it myself.

(Okay, not entirely true, I did get up to several spam mails a week for several months on my old hotmail account, then on my newer hotmail account, and have gotten a very few on one of my gmail accounts but thats like it. And the hotmail spam stopped several years ago).

I did add my address to Steam and verified it and have never had any spam from them, only receipts for purchases from its store.

I hear global warming is directly related to the increased use of Steam.

Al Gore recently made a speech targeting Steam as a major contributor of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. When asked for proof he simply pointed to the company's name.

Word is the Nobel Prize Committee is hotly debating awarding him another prize for this earth-shattering work.

I only installed Steam when I installed civ5. A few days later and again on Oct. 18 I got an email from noreply@blizzard.com re Battle.net Account - Account Change Notice.

They wanted me to verify my info by clicking on a link. They must have thought I was really stupid, since I don't have a battle.net account.

Obviously a phishing expedition. Trashed both those pronto, and YES, I did attribute it to Steam.

I used to receive no junk mail. I tried out one of those $1.95 test drives on one of *cough* those *cough* sites. The next day and every day since my mailbox was filled up with junk mail.

Not saying that's what happened in the above scenario. Just saying.

EDIT: I mean it was my brother. Yeah, my brother did it.

Big earth quake in Indonesia the other day.

STEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!

I only installed Steam when I installed civ5. A few days later and again on Oct. 18 I got an email from noreply@blizzard.com re Battle.net Account - Account Change Notice.

They wanted me to verify my info by clicking on a link. They must have thought I was really stupid, since I don't have a battle.net account.

Obviously a phishing expedition. Trashed both those pronto, and YES, I did attribute it to Steam.

can't tell if srs :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom