1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Anyone getting attacked?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Uncle_Joe, Feb 8, 2018.

1. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

I play mostly on Prince level and I see DoW's quite a bit. Usually, the DoWs happen early, in the Ancient and Classical Era, but I also see joint wars a bit later like in the medieval or industrial eras.

2. JaceTwice

JaceTwice Chieftain

Update on this situation:

I was actually quite impressed with Rome here, playing on prince and they came directly at my fairly paltry defense to take my capital with 2 spear men and 2 archers. took it in 4 turns while beating back what little forces I had. This then triggered an emergency to take the city back that Mongolia and I could have taken part in. I accepted, the Mongols didn't. I got my city back and got the 1600 gold to go with it. All while this was going on I was impressed yet again with the performance of our cities state allies though the whole thing. Geneva, who was allied with Rome, consistently sent a force to poke at the back of my empire. Kabul, my city state, actually managed to fend off a sizable roman force and then turn the tables and take pot shots at the Roman capital while I snuck from from the other side and stole cities, one after another.

I've never had interesting war stories before the expansion like this.

3. malekithau

malekithau Chieftain

My first game was an emperor game. Genghis attacked as soon as he could. Next game same thing. Next game same thing. The only change I saw was the last game where the Germans attacked every CS he could and then attacked me giving me a little more time to prepare.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  4. kingofsealand

kingofsealand Chieftain

On my first king game as Korea now and have had several interesting fights.

Fought an early city state emergency by myself to retake preslav from Alexander. Had a war featuring some naval skirmishing with chandragupta

My alliance with the Mongols however have really ratcheted up the hostility. Spain and Greece, my two neighbors, both declared a joint war in early industrial era with armies ready to go. Alexander is farther behind but did send some knights my way. Spain on the other hand had multiple Calvary corps and threw at least ten units at me. He did waste a good bit of health just meeleing my encampment. But he also took down half my trade routes since I just didn't have the units to stop him quick enough. That said, my hwacha made short work of them. Hwacha > machine guns all day.

I can't really say Spain was successful but they did make an earnest attempt and certainly disrupted my trade with their hated foe the mongols.