Anyone have a map that is near impossible to beat?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Iberian, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Iberian

Iberian Prince

I think it was Snaaty who had an always war game in Civ IV that took several players a month or so to beat. Was wondering if anyone had posted something similar here.

I just started a game that had 1 sheep or 1 cotton and no other special tiles in the tundra and just quit. Didn't even want to see if it was possible but now looking back am curious if I could have. Wish I took a screenshot but I hit restart so fast after moving my warrior.

Anyway I am thinking the AI is so bad at war that no matter what you can win but maybe there is a game with Greece or some other runaway on the other continent that wins before you get a chance to stop them.

2. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

For Civ V (and it was even the case in Civ IV), that would be difficulty level dependent.

Especally if you allow the human to choose a peaceful form of victory in which case the human can easily win even though an AI has overrun the other landmass.

3. Ryoga

Ryoga King

I remember that screenshot commented as "worst start location ever" where the settler was on a single coastal tile and completely blocked by a mountain.

here it is

4. LoneRebel

LoneRebel Emperor

The chosen starting locations are really terrible at times.

On the other hand, if that happened to one of the AIs, I wouldn't mind at all.

5. dasaard200

dasaard200 Prince

For Killlbray :your screenshot WILL do for starters. ouch !

6. Illianor123

Illianor123 Warlord

Liberty. Beeline optics. Depends on if their is any good land on the other side of those mountains. But yeah that's pretty bad.

21 Shakas on a Pangea while playing as someone with out early bonuses. Austria? Duel sized map

7. LoneRebel

LoneRebel Emperor

Hopefully, those Shakas will be too distracted killing each other to notice the player.

But I actually want to try that sometime, just to see the unrivaled carnage that would unfold in that world.

8. Illianor123

Illianor123 Warlord

After posting I decided that when I got home it would be something that I should try.

I may post results. Random nation. Standard everything, except Duel size and 22 Shakas. Deity.

9. BlackWizard

BlackWizard King

There isnt room to settle that many capitals (22) in dual size map I think.

10. LoneRebel

LoneRebel Emperor

But does the game actually block you from putting that many players in? I've never tried it, but I was always under the impression that any number of civs up to the maximum (22?) could be put into any map size during game setup.

11. Illianor123

Illianor123 Warlord

I tried it and then the game crashed during the setup. Will try again tonight.

I also got rid of ruins.

12. redwings1340

redwings1340 Emperor

Wow. That's going to be a LOT of land coveting going on... Looking forward to what happens.

13. dasaard200

dasaard200 Prince

Possible hurt scenario : Venice in middle of desert, sea level lowest possible, or middle of Highlands map, no CS's ...