Anyone interested in BUG v3.0 PBEM game?

well - PBEM games take ages and I didn't want to lock imhotep and I into having an out of date version of BUG on our machines for the next 20 mths.

BTW: I am getting a little sick of the big scoreboard in my latest game - want to reduce the size but keep the long version - when are we getting pre-defined drop-down instead of that text box?

I didn't want to lock imhotep and I into having an out of date version of BUG on our machines for the next 20 mths.

Ah, PBEM won't work with whatever is in CustomAssets?

BTW: I am getting a little sick of the big scoreboard in my latest game - want to reduce the size but keep the long version - when are we getting pre-defined drop-down instead of that text box?

I agree that it's getting a bit wide. Are you talking here about the ability to define several view presets and switch between them with buttons on the main screen? Or are you talking about making the actual configuration easier -- more like the CDA's customize mode?

Ah, PBEM won't work with whatever is in CustomAssets?
No. Gets very finicky about what version of the game is used.

I agree that it's getting a bit wide. Are you talking here about the ability to define several view presets and switch between them with buttons on the main screen? Or are you talking about making the actual configuration easier -- more like the CDA's customize mode?
Guess I am talking about a drop down in the option screen with some pre-defined. One of the pre-defined would be 'get from input box ... and then an input box where you can put in what ever you like.

Late game - the ones I am interested in are 'name: tech' and that is about it. No need for score (I am winning), WHEOOHs (don't care - I have tanks), etc.

My original idea was to have input boxes for you to define whatever views you want, say 3 boxes. Then the main screen would have tiny buttons (1, 2, 3) below the scoreboard that you click to see that view.

Upside: Can switch without using options screen.

Downside: More clutter on the main interface.

Here is where you'd really want this view you're using to be saved with the game itself -- not in the INI -- I would think. Your use case clearly doesn't require switching frequently, so using the options screen seems like it would be fine.

This is part of the feature of a scrolling scoreboard for large games. I'd need to have up/down arrows already, probably below the scoreboard. Once those buttons are added, there's room for small view switching buttons. Maybe even use < and > to switch views instead of numbers. I chose numbers because I don't want to define meaning for each view. I'd rather let the user define a few views as they please. We could certainly provide some predefined ones.

Ideally, you would be able to define as many views as you want, but the easy first solution is to use 3 or so text boxes.

I like it. I actually used the little know trick of clicking on your own score. this shrinks the scoreboard down to just your name and your score.

Here is my initial War Plans ...

1. Spear on galley gets dumped on sheep (yellow arrow), galley returns to current tile after dumping Spear, chariot twiddles his wheels, capital builds axe in 1 turn
  2. Spear moves NW 1 tile (green arrow), galley heads E (green arrows), chariot and axe board galley
  3. Galley heads W (red arrows) with chariot and axe, spear twiddles his thumbs
  4. Galley heads NW (pink arrows), chariot and axe disembark onto pink dot (WAR!), spear moves onto pink dot, chariot pillages horses (if he can)
All three units (axe, chariot, spear) are due promotions - planning on Combat I for the lot of them.

Hmmn - I might have been a little quick off the mark. If Isabella has a horse unit in the fog, my warrior is in for a rough ride. I probably should replace him with a spear. Will have to sail my galley back to capital, build spear and send in reinforcements.

My pillage party is on the move - axe, spear, chariot - locked together, move, pillage.

Her capital isn't on a hill but it has walls. I have to pillage all of her resources anyway, so I have time to tech catapults.

imhotep said my war wasn't going to well - I disagree - sure, I have no units, and the units I do have aren't attacking. Further, I have rushed my 2 workers to the front line to build a sheep pasture ...

... however, help is on the way. I promoted the spear to Woodsman I and dropped him on the forest. I promoted my chariot to Combat 1 and dropped him with the warrior. The workers finished the pasture and will be heading back home next turn (or two). I also built another galley in the capital to help with mass troop transport.

Well, nothing glamourous to tell from my side yet - I just founded my 3rd city and am doing the bulk of the actual teching. Ruff is the big dog in this SG relationship whereas I am the intellectual nerd... :lol:

yeah - did I say that I am trying to tank my economy ... leaving all of the research up to Imhotep :D:D:D

the war against Isabella is rolling along - she has lost her capital and I was one unit short here ...

I got the Warships Quest - as I own the Great Lighthouse the effect is considerable, it would give Combat I to all Triremes (useless) and +2 commerce to all Harbours (really nice) ... hmm...

do you want to go for it? do we have copper to build these puppies? do you actually need copper?

Well, I don't have Copper - but granted you lend me your metal for 10 turns I could get all 7 out in that time. +2 commerce for every Harbour is huge on that map...so yes, I want to try it.

Isabella has copper on an island near her capital - I am building settler for it and will sent it your way ASAP.

You asked about the Great Scientist - I've decided that tech is for other people, I'm turning my whole civ into a Military Theocracy - so you may as well keep the Great Scientist. Re the Great Artist - I think a golden age will be just the thing - let me check in game to see what civics are available.

So - what now? I am just about to start on the self imposed quest of building walls and citadels in every city (+5XP for siege units!!). I will be marshaling my troops to take out that purple civ - do you want some of his cities?

Re the end of the game - the most fitting DM farewell would involve us not actually finishing the game - we haven't finished any of our actual self imposed objectives so not finishing the game would be just about perfect!

I can send you the Great Artist ruff, I have no immediate need for it. Yes, some more cities would be nice. I need at least 3 more to open up the national wonders. I'll build some units too...

Actually I'd like to end the game, as it is fun so far. But it's not such a great deal that I would be against a proper DM ending :D ... so I'll let you decide!

This is a nice little city that Isabella left me ... my new military pump ...

war with Ramesses ... I decided not to take the city. Hopefully he will reinforce it and I can kill / weaken some more units with my CRIII trebs.

Top Bottom