Anyone know what drives the list of available Great People?

Is it some sort of collective tech/civics advancement across all civs? As I'm Space Racing I see nothing but Atomic and Modern Great People, kind of annoying when you want to buy an Engineer or Scientist to help you along ...

As far as I know, they are gained in order by whoever gets enough points for the next one first.

As far as I know, they are gained in order by whoever gets enough points for the next one first.
Ah, so I guess I shouldn't have passed on the Atomic scientist, it must have to be scooped up by one of the lame AIs before the Information scientist becomes available.

The reverse can also be true. If everyone is just speeding through the Great People, you can get people who are (quite literally) ahead of their time. Why yes, I think I will take that free Infantry unit in the Classical Era....

I believe the list order is always the same, too, although I can't say for sure right now.

Hope not. Would love to see a random draft each game. Indeed, I hope that more will be added so we don't see the same GP's in every game

W
The reverse can also be true. If everyone is just speeding through the Great People, you can get people who are (quite literally) ahead of their time. Why yes, I think I will take that free Infantry unit in the Classical Era....

I believe the list order is always the same, too, although I can't say for sure right now.
what about GP past their time... If you exhaust the Info era GPs, but some medieval ones were skipped, could you get some of them.

In my experience the great people race is great when the game is close, but can be underwhelming when there's someone who's way ahead in a certain area. I feel like if you skip, maybe you should be able to start accumulating points for the next one before the previous one is taken, maybe for a slight reduction in points? That might leave great people still available for lower civs when they need them, and help the higher people get their great people without having to burn through ones they don't want if they're skyrocketing to the lead?

Top Bottom