Anyone know what resolutions will be available?

Kinseek

Monarch
Since I got a nice 1920x1200 widescreen display, I`m wondering what resolutions Civ4 will support. Civ3 was locked at 1024x768 no matter what, but seeing as how civ4 is all 3d I`d expect to see a larger range of resolutions. Anyone know?

Civ3 had variable resolutions, didn't it? I'd check but I haven't reinstalled it since my last HD reformatting because I knew I'd be getting Civ4 soon.

Yeah, I just saw that you can edit one of the .ini files and civ3 will indeed adopt to your desktop resolution. However; the city-view screen and all the advisors screens are not stretched, meaning they take up like 1/3 of the screen in the center and it`s really annoying that way. And the UI itself doesn`t scale either so your stuck with really tiny menus and stuff. I`d prefer to play in 1024*768 if its like this. Here`s hoping civ4 will look good in 1920*768...

One of the benefits of 3d is it is much easier to support w ide range of resolutions, so I'm sure it will support my LCD's native resolution

Well - Pirates! uses the same Gamebryo engine - and it allowed quite a variety of screen sizes and details. So I would expect Civ IV to also allow this.

You can edit the Civ4 ini file to make it run at whatever resolution you want.

Sort of resolution-related, will you be able to run it in a windowed mode? I know this was not possible for civ3, and I never really found a 3rd party program that would do it reliably. This would be a nice feature for those who want to run something else in the background w/o having to alt/tab out of civ. Although, I can't imagine anyone will be able to much multi-tasking if this game is as great as advertised.

Top Bottom