1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Not believe we are causing Global Warming?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Abaddon, Dec 26, 2006.

?

Do Humans cause Global Warming?

1. Yes - American

33.2%
  2. No - American

11.5%
  3. Yes - Non American

48.4%
  4. No - Non American

6.9%
  1. Sidhe

Sidhe Deity

I've already answered this, it was a much slower period of warming and it could be attributed to natural events, the modern one can't.

Look basically your not going to believe me, but I would suggest you do some reasearch. It's not a conspiracy theory.

2. Xanikk999

Xanikk999 History junkie

Funny thing that article doesnt specify its charts enough.

Doesnt bother to say if thats just one year of contributions or since the start of the industrial revolution.

But if its not from the start of the industrial revolution and just one year, it proves that humans do have a huge impact on the enviroment.

I would wager that greenhouse emissions were in fact higher in the past because of less standards on air pollution.

And though the article says its %.035 manmade, it does not take into account past pollution.

3. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Sorry, but no matter of liberal garbage says that humans have a "huge impact on the environment" would convince me. I still stand by with the facts I have that humans do little imact on the environment.

True, however you also neglect also how less efficant fossil fueled machinery were back in thoes days. Not just less standards and regulations.

Sorry, but I dont believe in any of the liberal hype on Global Warming.

4. Sidhe

Sidhe Deity

Can you actually support your views by reasoning though, by scientific facts, by evidence, no offence Civ, but your argument just seems like a faith based one? Do you have anything other than your opinion? Or the fact you think it's hype, without actually looking too far into the subject?

5. GenMarshall

Did you even bothered to look at the links I have provided?

And Sorry, but my argument is not faith based, Its based on reasoning.

6. skadistic

skadistic Caomhanach

I looked back and didn't see any of those questions answered by you. I never said it was a conspiracy. In fact I said humans do contribute. If it was a much slower period of warming how much slower? How long did it take? How long has this current trend been going on? Why was it durring the 70s every was warring of the impending dome or another ice age?

7. Sidhe

Sidhe Deity

Yes but both accounts have been countered by other science in fact by way more science than they show. And yes I've seen them but unfortunatley they have been answered by me, and others. They're bunk and have no scientific backing, they are just opinion without anything concrete in science,earlier I showed you what a scientific document looks like, all I see in these is biased convoluted lack of scientific evidence, you show me evidence, real reasoned arguments' not I am a member of exxon oil company, actual evidence and I'll take it seriously. Water vapour hides evidence I almost laughed my arse off.

I did and it is a much faster warming period and it's been shown, but as I said no one will believe me, because my evidence is only scientific.

You guys really have to do some research because your arguments are just bunk.

8. GenMarshall

Sorry, but I see them concrete in science and do have scientific backing.

Thoes are articles with scientific evidence and are real reasoned arguments! They are not biased I truely see that Humans do not have an impact on the enviornent that liberals are hyped up in thinking that we are a large part of creating Global Warming.

9. Pontiuth Pilate

Pontiuth Pilate Republican Jesus!

So, basically, assuming that sidhe and greenpeace voted the wrong option by accident, there are 4 CFCers who think that global warming is natural.

:lol: Ooouch.

10. GenMarshall

Nah, I just believe that the scary Monster the liberals call "Global Warming" is just used as a scare tactic ;).

11. MjM

MjM Deity

I voted wrong on accident as well.
    And so did someone else.
    Six! :evil:

12. Pontiuth Pilate

Pontiuth Pilate Republican Jesus!

SCIENTISTS WANT TO RAISE OUR TAXES ZOMG

13. bhsup

bhsup Deity

Not so. Just as Sidhe voted wrong because of the swapped wording between the title and actual poll question, it is just as possible that any number of the 47 who voted yes so far may well have meant to vote no. We'll have to wait until they actually chime in here and say what they meant to vote to know with any certainty.

14. Sidhe

Sidhe Deity

Ok I give up, basically you guys have dredged evidence of the net that has no scientific backing and you think that that actually means it's true.

I tell you what why don't you quote scientific journals from skeptics not mediocre BS from biased sources written by US or Australian media sources.

In fact why don't you just actually learn something instead of believing the hype by idiotic media sources based on multicorporate backed media sources. Or we have alot of money invested in our comapany and cannot fight global warming. I tell you what actually produce a source that has more than a biased interest in global warming, try science, we'll value your input if you actually try science, skeptic or otherwise, not a single source is scientifically backed, it's all the resource I gain money economic backed nonsense. Show me something that isn't backed by economists.

15. Sidhe

Sidhe Deity

Easy solution then, put up a new thread?

16. bhsup

bhsup Deity

THat would be the best way, yes. It's Abaddon's call I would think. Mind you, I am not saying the results would necessarily be way off from where they are now, but there just isn't any way to know for sure. I'm more certain that GW Bush won Florida in 2000 than I am in the results of this poll. ;)

17. Neomega

Neomega Deity

No, world government wants more sovereignity, and liberals want to tell people what to do.

I'd say it is damn near impossible to say how much humans have effected global warming.

There is plenty of evidence that atmospheric CO2 has increased, and that global temps have increased, but there is little evidence that hydrothermal vents and volcanoes have only produced a constant amount of greenhouse gases during this time.

Mt St Helens had to have blown a lot more of junk in the atmosphere in 3 days than all American cities for a year. People who live in the city or subrurbs sometimes do not realize still how incredibly small we really are.

edit: i am not voting

18. GenMarshall

Earlyer you said that MjM's article (that I also used) was excellent :crazyeyes:. Now you turn around and call it BS, Oy.

I have gotten thoes links through Wikipedia and they are scienificaly backed. If they wernt, then it would not be there. Science has no meaning to me, its just a pile of twigs as I have cast it asside along with reason.

19. Xanikk999

Xanikk999 History junkie

That is false actually. Wikipedia has links that have no credibility. And to top it off, anyone can edit it.

20. Neomega

Neomega Deity

most statements in controversial articles will have plenty of links to reputable sources