Anyone play multiplayer?

Bernout1

Warlord
My brother pointed me at this site and from what I've seen it looks interesting.

I'm wondering about the multiplayer potential, especially with respect to getting it running with Pitboss. Has anyone successfully done this? Any idea if it would work?

Bernout

Hmmm, what is a 'Pitboss' in that meaning?

Friends of mine have tried at length to get FfH (.15) running under pitboss and had several problems. A few of these spring from the fact that FfH runs under the old Civ 4 pitboss and not the Warlords pitboss. The old pitboss was buggy. I don't remember all the problems with pitboss and FfH but they were many and even with some clever guys messing with things behind the scenes we were unable to get it running.

Really is a shame as i would absolutely love to play/run FfH pitboss. It is a much more accessible way to do multiplayer for my friends and i. I've never gotten a response to my inquiries about FfH pitboss from Kael or the team. They are too busy with Single Player i think. If you do manage to get it working please PM me and post here. I'd love to hear about it.

- feydras

Friends of mine have tried at length to get FfH (.15) running under pitboss and had several problems. A few of these spring from the fact that FfH runs under the old Civ 4 pitboss and not the Warlords pitboss. The old pitboss was buggy. I don't remember all the problems with pitboss and FfH but they were many and even with some clever guys messing with things behind the scenes we were unable to get it running.

Really is a shame as i would absolutely love to play/run FfH pitboss. It is a much more accessible way to do multiplayer for my friends and i. I've never gotten a response to my inquiries about FfH pitboss from Kael or the team. They are too busy with Single Player i think. If you do manage to get it working please PM me and post here. I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks for the response. I know Pitboss had its problems but I also thought the latest patch put it in a state similar to Warlords...perhaps they tried it with an earlier version?

I also know that Pitboss can't handle a larger number of users who are playing simultaneously without using a VLAN like Himachi. But that doesn't concern me because I'm talking about a 24 hour timer and having everyone do a turn a day. :)

I guess what may up happening is just to try it.

Bernout

I agree pitboss is excellent for that. In our last Vanilla (Warlords) civ pitboss game we had some great roleplaying going on. I had the Koreans and when i discovered i was stuck on a small jungle island with clams and ivory i changed to a pirate theme that eventually evolved into a banana republic sans the bananas. All my messages to other players through email were sent as if a parrot were squaking them until later tech ages when they became electronic parrots.
Other fun moments - the invention of gunpowder, spreading your religion, building of wonders and bragging rights, capture of cities and writing the story of the refugees.

Anyway, it was loads of fun. Pitboss gives you lots of time to be creative with your interactions with other players if you want to.

- feydras

Top Bottom