Anyone see why I cant upgrade my warriors to swordsmen?

onomastikon

Dual Wielding Banjos
I dont get it, I have warriors in towns with barracks and iron and I have the necessary tech -- normally, everything I need to make swordsmen. In fact, I am making some already elsewhere. But my existing warriors are not upgrading, the icon is missing, and I cant figure it out -- anyone know why? Thanks.

Attachments

• why cant i upgrade my warriors to swordsmen.jpg
    why cant i upgrade my warriors to swordsmen.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 424
Doc Tsiolkovski said:
So, and how do you expect to be able to upgrade with 14gp? ;)
You'd need 40gp for that in Vanilla/PtW, and 60 in C3C...
Yep upgrading costs gold, and 14 is not nearly enough!

Turn down the science 10 or 20% accumulate some gold and upgrade away...

I've done the same thing many, many times. Many many many times. Don't feel too bad.

Yes, don't feel bad, it will happen again!
One more thing, change your build order to a courthouse.

I suppose your worried about town flip for building that temple & library.

I work on those courthouses first in any city more then a few cities from your cap (but not so far away that it does little good) and almost always rush them if you can. If getting those swordsman isn't a urgent part of a war, then you can save your money for a switch to rep or monarch and do some court house rushing.

Also, generally speaking, don't waste money on upgrading warriors less then veteran.(unless you don't have a choice, not enough time to build a sword in a war etc) Using those regular warriors as disposable scouts, captured enemy town pacifiers (you know, the ones that might flip and take your troops with them, like the one your building the library in) etc

JMK said:
Yes, don't feel bad, it will happen again!
One more thing, change your build order to a courthouse.

:lol: agreed I can't stand corruption

Top Bottom