1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone try CQUI after the patch?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by PendragonWRB, Feb 14, 2019.

1. PendragonWRB

PendragonWRB Chieftain

I am playing in offline mode to prevent my precious CQUI from being broken by this patch and assume I will have to wait a while to buy this expansion until CQUI supports it.

2. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

A lot of the things CQUI does is now part of the base UI.

3. PendragonWRB

PendragonWRB Chieftain

Is there a list somewhere? Once I go online I get the patch and I assume break CQUI. If I buy the game and don't like the new UI as well then I am stuck with it.

4. rastak

rastak Chieftain

If it's that big a deal to you just wait. It took quite some time for CQUI to work with Rise and Fall. Myself, I couldn't care less if CQUI works but will admit it has nice features and I have used it in the past.

Rup likes this.
  5. PendragonWRB

PendragonWRB Chieftain

I posted a feature request on GitHub to see if the original authors are still around and up for working on it. There has been little activity since July 2018.

6. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

Well, there's now queueing, dig sites/ship wrecks light up when you select an archaeologist, the GP panel has been changed to fit the screen, minimap has been reworked, icons have been shrunk so it's easier to read the map, there's a new resources report for quickly checking what resources you have (also lists all other civs).

7. PendragonWRB

PendragonWRB Chieftain

Is the production menu nice and collapsed like it is in CQUI? I have played with it so long I forget the pain of the old UI but I remember being very frustrated with the city panel as a whole. The city 'header' holds a ton more information as well and having the resource icons across the top menu bar is great. Mouse over citizen highlight, lots of lenses.

I wish their was some way I could try the new version without giving up what I have. I have another PC I could install it on but I fear my main PC would get messed up even in offline mode.

8. drubell

drubell Chieftain

I do like that the GS multiqueue lets players queue up multiple cities in one window, which was not available in CQUI. But there are some boneheaded decisions in the Civ 6 queue system that CQUI does better.

I learned today that in Civ 6's queue, I can just queue up a monument (or any building) in a city 8 times if I wanted. That's kinda messy. CQUI made it so if you queued up a building, that building was considered "in production" so you couldn't select that building a second time.

Hopefully there's a better UI mod for this that incorporates the multiqueue as well.

TheMeInTeam likes this.
  9. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

Just watch a stream.

Stilgar08 likes this.
  10. PendragonWRB

PendragonWRB Chieftain

11. DanteMartinez

DanteMartinez Chieftain

I would guess that the patch would be updated fairly quickly but that the expansion will take much longer. I have a hard time playing without CQUI now so I plan to delay upgrading until I see how UI shakes out some.
    CQUI is made up of several other UI mods so you can also watch those individually for updates. It may be that with the UI improvements you might be satisfied loading the individual mods once they are updated.

12. rastak

rastak Chieftain

Yea it took forever for R&F.....what's so terrible about just playing the damn game as is for a while? I know when I was glued to my computer in late 1991 I wasn't worried about "I wish someone would make a CQUI, I'm not gonna play until they do".....seems bizzare to me to be honest.

Nathair likes this.
  13. PendragonWRB

PendragonWRB Chieftain

I am still enjoying R&F and not having CQUI lowers my enjoyment so much it's easily worth the wait for me. All the extra information provided is useful to me and the superior interface doesn't annoy me like the vanilla one does.

14. Canadian Bluebeer

Canadian Bluebeer Chieftain

The base UI still has some boneheaded things in it that CQUI made so much easier and more rational.
    I still play without it, but, it does get frustrating.

I'm sure it will get updated.. eventually.
    (and I still don't understand why they haven't included many of the features/layouts that it has, which are vastly superior to the base ui)

15. Iberian

Iberian Chieftain

CQUI is still better than the GS UI. They should have just called up Azurency and paid him to write their UI.

Tech Osen likes this.
  16. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Warlord

Not having the units listing to easily find my units, upgrade and promote stuff is already driving me bonkers.

shaglio likes this.
  17. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Find any unit, click on their name (either their custom name or their unit title) and up will pop a scrollable list of units (both civilian and military). Click on one that needs to be upgraded, do the upgrade, click on its new title, rinse and repeat until you are done upgrading everything that needs to be upgraded.

CPWimmer likes this.
  18. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

Better Report Screen, which is the mod that CQUI uses, was updated for GS. So you can download that until the full CQUI gets updated.

As a side note, I love how some mods like BRS work instantly as soon as you Enable them. In Civ 5, you'd need to start a new game in order for the newly Enabled mods to take effect.

Tech Osen likes this.
  19. pgm123

pgm123 Warlord

CQUI is buggy for me. It's better than it used to be, but still buggy.

I do wonder if the better map pins mod is working. I struggle without that because I don't like to use my keyboard.

20. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Warlord

I know how it's done but compared to CQUI it's annoyingly cumbersome and slow. Gonna have a look the mod Shaglio mentioned.