1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone working on a Civ5 WW2 Mod?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by MarkC1, Oct 2, 2010.

1. MarkC1

MarkC1 Warlord

I'd love to help out with the map or anything else you need. :eek:

2. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Moderator Action: Moved to the main forum.
    Only finished tutorials and references go into the tutorials subforum, questions and working threads belong to the main forum ;).

3. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Krugor is working on something: check the Modpacks forum. ;)

4. PharaohOfNerds

PharaohOfNerds Chieftain

I'm going to make one, but I am having technical difficulties with WorldBuilder. It says:
    "The program can't start because lua51_Win32.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
    What is "lua51_Win32.dll" ?
    Can anyone help with this?

5. MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Prince

lua51_Win32.dll is needed to run the Lua scripts which Civ5 uses. It should be in the main Civ5 Install directory, so I would suggest that you go into the Steam library, right-click Civ5 and choose Properties, then switch to the Local Files tab and click on "Verify Integrity of Game Cache." That should redownload that file if it is missing or corrupt. You might want to do the same thing on the SDK download to make sure that's up to date too.

6. PharaohOfNerds

PharaohOfNerds Chieftain

Tthank you so much!
    I'm trying it right now
    It's taking a while, so to pass the time i'll provide some details about the mod i'm going to make.
    Unlike other WWII scenarios, this takes place BEFORE the war starts: in 1933. This is shortly after Hitler takes power in Germany. Mussolini is already in power in Italy,but has not attacked Ethiopia yet; and Manchuria is a Japanese puppet state. Spain has not yet revolted, but is on the verge of doing so. Germany has not yet taken control of Austria, Memel, the Rhineland, or Czechoslovakia.

The Playable Civilizations are:
    Germany (Adolph Hitler)
    Italy (Benitio Mussolini)
    Japan (Hideki Tojo)
    Russia (Joseph Stalin)
    China (Chiang Kai-Shek)
    France (Charles de Gaulle)
    Britain (Winston Churchill)
    America (Theodore Roosevelt)

Other Civilizations:
    Spain
    Turkey
    Thailand
    India
    There are probably more that I am forgetting.

7. PharaohOfNerds

PharaohOfNerds Chieftain

It didn't work. No error message pops up, but when i open WorldBuilder, the screen with the logo/name "worldbuilder" (you know what i'm talking about, right?) opens, but then nothing else happens. I've waited 10 minutes and tried 15 times.

8. LoneTraveller

LoneTraveller Warlord

I'd like too. I'm working on a map of Europe right now. With the help of Mbendi website, google, wikipedia and an old atlas I have. I'm adding quantities of strategic resources to the Europe landscape in a way that makes some regions strategically vital.

9. MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Prince

A lot of people seem to have this problem, but I don't know if there is a fix. :( Try searching the Tech Support forum for WorldBuilder.

10. snapple232

snapple232 Warlord

As a history buff I just wanted to make a few corrections to the name spellings. It's 'Adolf' Hitler, 'Benito' Mussolini, and 'Franklin Delano' Roosevelt not Theodore (who was another US President).

11. PAVLOS_GR300

PAVLOS_GR300 Greek

what i dont understand is why u put turkey which didnt involve in the war and u didnt put greece which defeated italy and holded germans for a moth making the first victory for the allies

12. kris159

kris159 Kris P Bacon