ANZAC Day 2010: Lest We Forget

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is very disgusting to see the completely dis-respectful and spiteful comments by our so called American friends. Their complete lack of respect for our cultural beliefs and arrogance is beyond measure. But then I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, since it is America we're talking about.

ANZAC Day is NOT about the Gallipoli campaign. It is a remembrance of all Australians and New Zealanders who gave their life in the line of duty for their country. The men and women of Australia and New Zealand who died in the Boer War, WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Timor, Guinea, Peace-keeping, Afghanistan and Iraq deserve a LOT more respect from our so-called American allies than they have shown in this thread.

Unlike Americans, we do not celebrate the destruction of another country's sovereignty, culture and people. We mourn the lost lives and the mothers, wives and children who lost their fathers.

Moderator please close this thread since it has been soiled by the Americans, like almost everything on this planet. :(

Got to say I completely agree.

It's sad to see the kind of mentality that desecrates graves and mares silences, to show they are oh-so edgy. It's not just arrogance, it's spiteful and petulant childishness. Shame on the lot of you.

Moderator Action: rather than commenting on a post without adding on topic thread content, use the report post button.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

It is very disgusting to see the completely dis-respectful and spiteful comments by our so called American friends. Their complete lack of respect for our cultural beliefs and arrogance is beyond measure. But then I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, since it is America we're talking about.

ANZAC Day is NOT about the Gallipoli campaign. It is a remembrance of all Australians and New Zealanders who gave their life in the line of duty for their country. The men and women of Australia and New Zealand who died in the Boer War, WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Timor, Guinea, Peace-keeping, Afghanistan and Iraq deserve a LOT more respect from our so-called American allies than they have shown in this thread.

Unlike Americans, we do not celebrate the destruction of another country's sovereignty, culture and people. We mourn the lost lives and the mothers, wives and children who lost their fathers.

Moderator please close this thread since it has been soiled by the Americans, like almost everything on this planet. :(

Your thread is baited by the forums two biggest trolls and you in turn start disparaging and demeaning Americans for no reason? Not a good way to set an example.

Moderator Action: stay on topic, rather than commenting on other posters
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

First, you really ought not slander each and every American as an evil, arrogant monster based on the actions of two(!) people.

Second, we Americans do NOT "celebrate the destruction of another country's sovereignty, culture, and people." EVER.

Third, many of the mods here are Americans, and may not enjoy being requested to punish the evil, subhuman Americans.

Moderator Action: Report posts which violate rules, do not comment upon them in public posts.

Moderator Action: Thread closed by request.

Moderator Action: What a train wreck of a thread. I think a couple of posters will be added to an increased scrutiny list.

If some of you others had bothered to report posts earlier, rather than just making comments on others posts (which is a form of spam here), moderators might have gotten to this thread earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom