AoD2 - 1.11 BETA test

Dale

Mohawk Games Developer
Hi all,

I've gotten 1.11 to a position I would like some testing done on it. So if people could please give 1.11 a go and provide feedback, that would be appreciated. :)

1. You MUST have 1.10 installed already as this BETA is an update only.
2. Make a full copy of your AgeOfDiscoveryII folder to allow you to go back to 1.10 if needed.
3. Unzip the 17 meg update file to the AgeOfDiscoveryII folder and overwrite ALL files.
4. To test success install, start a new game and see if Pirates are selectable as a playable nation. If not, then you have successfully installed 1.11 BETA.

Download here: removed

Please provide feedback here. :)

1.11 Changelog:
* EuropeScreen patch by Koma13.

* Turned off "Advisor Popup Menu" for MP to fix oos bug.
* Slowed down AI expansion.
* AI galleons appear later.
* AI is more willing to go to war.
* REF strength lowered for each difficulty.
* Fort/Fortress canon fire bug fixed.
* First colony now gets basic buildings.
* Turned off Pirates.
* Pasture now has 1 worker when it was 2.
* Blacksmith Shelter now has 1 worker output 2, not 2 workers output 3 (which is same as next level up).
* Turned off ship selling.
* Checked gun prices, all fine.
* Added Fountain of Youth event. Only one goody hut per game will trigger it. All nations receive immigrant boost.
* In school right profession now shows as training.
* Kings and Natives can no longer get the free galleons.

Dale, did you turned of ship selling because you don't like that feature at all or because it generates an oos error? If that oos is the reason I can try to make a fix before you release 1.11.

Mostly because of the problems with China, but I didn't really like the idea at all TBH.

Everything seems to be working well. My capital city started with a bunch of level one buildings, the blacksmith shelter is fixed.. And I found the Fountain of Youth! Very cool.

I've seen no AI galleons yet. Will report more as the game progresses.

edit: Oh! I just noticed that after the fountain of youth event, my Europe colonist counter dropped to over *minus* 350, and new colonists cost over 4000 gold. Perhaps it's an unforeseen side-effect?

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

Any chance you could add code that would make Europe declare war on you before you declare independence (have it be random)? sort of spices up the game and it would be real useful for my Mare Nostrum mod :D

You mean like this? I'm still ironing out the details, but in Civ4HandicapInfos.xml you can set the tag iKingDowPercent which represents the minimum rebel sentiment a colony must have before the King is able to DoW you. The call is random 1 in a 100 chance that the King will DoW after rebel sentiment in the colonies is higher or equal to iKingDowPercent. In AoD2 I'll only enact this in the two hardest levels.

Dale,

Will any of the above mentioned fixes fix the problem with education crashes that we were having?

You mean like this? I'm still ironing out the details, but in Civ4HandicapInfos.xml you can set the tag iKingDowPercent which represents the minimum rebel sentiment a colony must have before the King is able to DoW you. The call is random 1 in a 100 chance that the King will DoW after rebel sentiment in the colonies is higher or equal to iKingDowPercent. In AoD2 I'll only enact this in the two hardest levels.

very cool!

Dale,

Will any of the above mentioned fixes fix the problem with education crashes that we were having?

Thanks for reminding me of that one. :)

Dale,

Tried the new Beta and still got the OOS condition on the very first trip to Europe. I was hosting as Portugal and my friend was China. We also had Netherlands and Australia along with all 8 tribes in New World map. Played a little longer and had a CTD. Not sure what triggered it. I was about to sell a treasure thru the king when my friend experienced the CTD. Not sure if it was that (I had put the treasure to sleep previously and was awakening him to sell) or something else. I have the autosave before the CTD as well as the save after my friend got kicked out if you need it.

PudgyOne

Dale,

Tried the new Beta and still got the OOS condition on the very first trip to Europe. I was hosting as Portugal and my friend was China. We also had Netherlands and Australia along with all 8 tribes in New World map. Played a little longer and had a CTD. Not sure what triggered it. I was about to sell a treasure thru the king when my friend experienced the CTD. Not sure if it was that (I had put the treasure to sleep previously and was awakening him to sell) or something else. I have the autosave before the CTD as well as the save after my friend got kicked out if you need it.

PudgyOne

Were all of you definitely on 1.11 beta? I ran some tests on MP at home and couldn't trigger any OOS (except with shortfall purchasing).

Also, is there anyone else who plays MP that can confirm? The more details the better. :)

Dale,

We were definitely in 1.11 Beta. We both run XP and have played at least 10 AOD 1.10 games in MP. Never tried the 1.10 beta that supposedly fixed the OOS as I don't have WINRar.

PudgyOne

Apologies all, I thought I'd included the MP fix for the EuropeScreen. Seems I hadn't. :)

Dale,

Is it in the Beta now? Be glad to do more testing when it is.

PudgyOne

Dale,

Is it in the Beta now? Be glad to do more testing when it is.

PudgyOne

If you copy the patch by koma directly into the AgeOfDiscoveryII mod folder it will fix the problem for you. I've included it in 1.11, but will not upload a new beta. :)

Dale,

Bug confirmed and now fixed for the release version. The crash occurs in both SP & MP.

When you have both education facilitators, it brings the education level of a university to 1 turn for graduation. This means the student is graduating before choosing a profession. The game doesn't like that and CTD's. :)

Attention all:

How is the AI now? Is it less psycho in its expansion? Does it declare war?

Top Bottom