1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Aonia Misc Build 400BC

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Game of Democracy II' started by GaryNemo, Oct 18, 2002.

?

What shall the other Aonia Cities and Settlers do?

Poll closed Oct 21, 2002.
  1. F3 is building Wine Caravan, for Trade from RC to Elysium

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. F3 is building Wine Caravan, let's perhaps save it to build Cop's

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Let's spend $8 IPRB several times, to speed F3 Wine Caravan completion.

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  4. TFalls Settler, complete Elysium road, then send North. See my post.

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  5. TFalls Settler, complete Elysium road, then add roads. See my post.

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  6. TFalls next build a Temple

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  7. TFalls next build a 3rd! Settler

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  8. TFalls next build ... See my post

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. TFalls Settler in 3, irrigate for TFalls then go...

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  10. Send Civvium Diplomat to new Legendary City

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  11. Send Civvium Diplomat North

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  12. Keep Civvium Diplomat in Aonia, protect our Capital

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Civvium to build a Temple in 9 turns as planned

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
  14. I understand the Black Dudes in Civvium and Gabba Gabba.

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  15. Move Civvium Warrior to NE Forest and Fortify, to avoid riot!

9 vote(s)
    69.2%
  16. Home Gabba Gabba Warrior (presently supported by Elysium)

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  17. Send Gabba Gabba Warrior out of the city to avoid riot!

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  18. Send Gabba Gabba Warrior North, it is useless as Police.

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  19. Keep Gabba Gabba Warrior nearby.

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. GaryNemo

GaryNemo Settler from None

One last Aonia poll. Please guide the good cities and settlers of NUF. Here is the situation.

* TFalls: 30/40 of Settler in 3, Serf to Forest
    * Civvium: 0/40 of Temple in 9, Size 1 grows in 1,
        Must move Warrior OUT to avoid riot
        Build Temple to utilize both Whales
    * Gabba Gabba: 18/50 of Caravan in ... 12 turns
        Must move Warrior OUT to avoid riot
    * F3: 12/50 of Caravan in 11, Worker to Forest in 2 or so...

Please post, then vote Friday or Saturday.

2. Rout

Rout ZZzzzzzz

This is definately one of the most taxing polls to vote on.

Are you making sure our brain matter isnt siezing up?:lol:

3. GaryNemo

It's up to you, Rout. Sorry for the plethora of issues, but they are all minor, really. And notice, several are 'Rubber Stamp' with only one choice. I am looking for merely ratification and awareness - otherwise feel free to post a complaint or alternative here.

I may have made a mistake, setting the days this poll is to remain open. It was 3AM, I thought Friday, perhaps our server thought it was still Thursday. So, 3 days, this poll may remain open only thru Saturday, not Sunday.

We have 174 gold, earning 17 per turn, as I posted in Turn 400BC.

4. MonkE

MonkE Primate Philosopher

F3 is building Wine Caravan, for Trade from RC to Elysium. Spend $8. Let’s get our trade routes started. Also see this post for a trade route idea.

TFalls Settler, complete Elysium road, then send North… to build road to CJ.

TFalls Settler in 3, irrigate for TFalls then go… finish road to F3 and Civvium.

Civvium to build a Temple in 9 turns as planned.

5. Leowind

Leowind Emperor

I really hate building a temple that will cost us one gold every turn in a size 1-2 city. Any chance a second warrior would provide some happiness control? Maybe a temple does make more sense since it will control more unhappiness. I also hate to leave cities undefended. Barbs could land a two move unit and march right in before we could do a thing about it.

6. GaryNemo

MonkE, I agree, your excellency.

Well, it's only F3 you're worried about, right Leowind? I think the Temple of Civvium is well warranted, and then perhaps the guard can move back into town. Civvium's growth will accelerate now, the corruption is low down there, and it has 2 Whales and more. (Although so far the Baron and his friends are producing what we want, MonkE says build a road so it's easier to keep current with them).

We will be going to Republic sooner than you think, and the plethora of silly warrior police will kill our production. Time to think about using many Diplomat guards. We have a $large income, and Temples will $increase it.

7. MonkE

1) Do diplomats (no attack capability) really count for quelling unhappiness? Maybe I'll learn something new, here.

2)We could always cash in the plethora of warrior police for shields by disbanding (50% penalty, though).

8. Duke of Marlbrough

Duke of Marlbrough The Quiet Moderator Retired Moderator

Diplomats do not count for martial law. I think he means the diplomats will be used to protect out cities by buying any invaders that do land nearby, not that they will keep the cities from rioting.

Going to a Republic will reduce the riot factor slightly and allow us to use luxuries if needed.

Generally, warriors should be considerd termporary short term happiness providers. That and being used for IPRB is basically all they are good for. ;) Temples are a mid term solution. The one gold per turn spent on a temple is actually cheaper than having a warrior in the city; at least once we reach a Republic. When we get to a Republic each warrior will require a shield of support. Since we should be flowing in cash at some point and be IPRB everything, we will then have to pay for that used shiled almost every turn. If it's a shield for a city improvement, then is two gold we are paying for keeping the warrior, if it's a unit it can be anywhere from two to four gold for the warrior, for a wonder, it's four gold. It will add up. Plus, Adam Smiths will nullify the cost of the temples, while the cost of the warrior will remian as long as we have it.

If we are close to getting Leo's and gunpowder I would suggest letting the warriors upgrade to muskets before disband those we choose to get rid of.

9. GaryNemo

Diplomats are not police. They buy Barbs for about $42 - Buy one and order it to kill another one. I guard with Dips all the time in gotm - they have been King Level lately. An interior city with a Temple, such as Reneaux, could be guarded with a Diplomat. I'm no expert at Deity, but generally Temples pay for themselves in city size, thus we gain production.

And yes, we can cash the Warriors for 5 shields, which will be ok. That's what got us the Colossus!

On the subject of the Gabba Gabba Warrior, I think we could home it, then dash up the River with the current TFalls Settler and found a River City. Sort of a Filler, really a bridge to Legendary City. The Warrior might deflect the Viking Horse, and at the same time shield G2NE from the Viking Horse. I hate needing to plan for that dratted Horse! Gold plated, it is!

10. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

The TFalls settler should complete the Elysium road, then
    start constructing the road to CJ. Personally I would like to
    see it build the entire road to CJ.

11. MonkE

Yes, I'd like to see the TF settler finish the road to CJ and then found River City (R4). This city has 12 good land squares not overlapping other cities, so I don't view it as a "filler" such as LN or GG. It will be a fine interior city. :)

Duke - thanks for the temple/warrior analysis.