AP problem ... ze french get my cities

erebos

Chieftain
Okay, so i drove that french guy from my continent to establish my mighty persian empire ... but after razing their cities one by one (and thus no french cultural borders on my ontinent anymore) and then founding persion cities where the french cities were before ... the population is still 99% french. And now the catastrophe kicks in ... that damn Mansa Musa (also jewish like that french guy) built the AP and gives (per resolution) all my cities (which i founded on the ruins of the french cities) to the french guy again and i can do sh*t about it ... i don't want to declare war over and over again ... now the french guy has already 4 cities on my continent.

I thought when i found a city it's 100% my nation - that's why I razed the french cities - to avoid the culture flip and problems. :mad:

Erebos

even when a tile is no longer within the cultural boundaries of a civ....if you mouseover the tile you'll see that a % of the tile's culture still identifies with that civ(though that culture will dissipate over time)

so if you build a city on a tile that's already 99% french then maybe that culture carries over into the new city? i'm not sure if that's a bug or if it's intended to work that way though

You should have just defied the resolution. God damn Ragnar isn't gonna get the cities I took in a defensive war back.

even when a tile is no longer within the cultural boundaries of a civ....if you mouseover the tile you'll see that a % of the tile's culture still identifies with that civ(though that culture will dissipate over time)

so if you build a city on a tile that's already 99% french then maybe that culture carries over into the new city? i'm not sure if that's a bug or if it's intended to work that way though

Its intended to work that way

Razing is really pointless if you are going to found a city on that spot again (it is useful if you want to reposition the city or eliminate the religions in it)

Its intended to work that way

Razing is really pointless if you are going to found a city on that spot again (it is useful if you want to reposition the city or eliminate the religions in it)

ouhhh, which brings up a new question. is it possible to aabandon a city in order to get rid of the religions ... ^^ ... i ask because that jerk who spread judaism into my beloved empire has only one city infected with his religion and thus can bug me with his AP ... if i were able to sarifice the city fo peace i would do immediately ...

btw i would like if i had the chance to resettle my population through founding ... that happened often in history ... northern italy (mussolini), soviet regions (stalin), poland (hitler) and so on ...

Just to make sure I am right on this one: once the religion has made its way into you city, there is nothing you can do to get it out. Also, once the AP has been built, if the AP religion is in your city, you are forced to participate.

Correct?

Oh, and the only way to prevent any potential outsider Civ from getting into one of your cities it through civics, right? Because even if you keep all of your borders closed, it could still spread through proximity, right?

seems, the Ap can f*** ou where ever you are. no hinding. :mad:

Yes, this problem aggravates me intensely. I am tech leader, massive military, conquering toku, and then suddenly I have +5 anger in every city because I wont give back the cities i conquered. Luckily, I'm Joao, so I have 12 carracks full of trebs and knights, and as soon as i find out where that damned AP is, I'm sending in a suicide squad just to raze that city.

If the religion is in one city, just defy the resolution. You'll only get an unhappiness penalty in that city.

If the religion is in one city, just defy the resolution. You'll only get an unhappiness penalty in that city.

Really ? I thought it would apply to all of your cities ? can anyone confirm that please ?

Top Bottom