AP so annoying

Pengu

Prince
So I drew Inca and though this would be an easy game on emperor.
Well, I did worker steal from France and ruined his day and everything went fine.
My plan was to peacefully teching towards lib and pick steel. For some reason Just was alone in buddism and one after another Peter, hannibal, napolean, Sully adopted hindu which Arabia had founded. Didn't think much about it at the time and adpoted it my self as all my neighbours were hindu. This made for a very peaceful game and everyone but Nappy was pleased or at friendly and I was in the lead sitting nicely with 10 cities.
Then Peter built the AP just as I was getting cloes to lib. A vote for diplo win came up and everybody but me voted for Peter and he won the game by 2 votes....
Talk about a letdown losing in such away when you are ahead and just 10-15 turns from declaring :(
All just loved Peter and were friendly with him. I should have bribed him in one someone when I had the chance... bah

Really, what this says is: more war!

Also, it sucks when everyone's the same religion. It means the AI always cooperates, and that causes serious problems.

More annoying is when its on a different continent and a different religion, and YOU didn't get on the bandwagon for whatever reason. Nothing is more frustrating than setting up a dozen lucrative trades (resource for resource or resource for gold) and then *boing!* all your deals are cancelled because the jackass with the AP voted a "stop trading with the heathens" measure. :mad:

When I first got BTS I played about 5 games with the UN/AP still activated and haven't played with it since. I just don't find it suits the game at all.

Well, never gotten in such a situation where all the AI loves eachother so much that they all vote for one AI. Since Peter(who won) will declare at pleased, I could have bribed him before if that thought had entered my mind. That would have shaken up the situation.
Just sucks to end a 15 game winning streak in such a annoying way.

If the AP us built on a different continent and you don't want to be involved, run Theocracy. As long as you don't have the AP religion you can't vote, but the Religious victory condition won't pop up (AP rel must be in all civs). This leaves you susceptible to what happened to capvonbaron though, in measures against the heathens.

Either side with the AP rel and spread it quick or use diplo/war to break them down. Diplo goes a long way.

I didn't think you could get a Diplo win from the AP, thought that was only UN that allowed that.

AP allows another type of Diplo win. It's generally called a Religious victory. It play similarly to UN victory, but relies on religious votes, i.e., religious population in cities. It's also considered "cheese" as it's very easy to win this way.

Top Bottom