• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

APEC Security Breached

Bloody Hell tell APEC to have there meeting in the middle of the desert next time and save us the hassle and cost of the damm thing. All the banks, post and numerous business are closing up shop tomorrow

The Chaser are awesome. We need more people like them

Sigh, when will goverments learn? When you arrest people like the chaser you are giving them hugh exposure, and they obviously won't face any jail at most some small fine which won't deter them from doing another stunt.

That been said...I've seen a few clips on youtube a while ago, and they are superb!

Stupidity.

Hopefully, people responsible for security will tighten things up to try to avoid future incidents like this.

I'm sure it was just meant for a laugh, but what do they think would have happened if they'd penetrated too far and were mistaken for serious threats?

Imagine the political fall out if they had gotten in...

Better the chaser crew than someone more deadly...

Really - did anyone actually expect the chaser not to something like this?

And just for reference:

The chaser website is here

and you can get their episodes from here

Stupidity.

Hopefully, people responsible for security will tighten things up to try to avoid future incidents like this.

I'm sure it was just meant for a laugh, but what do they think would have happened if they'd penetrated too far and were mistaken for serious threats?

They passed 2 security checkpoints and got outside the hotel President Bush is staying at. If Chas wasn't dressed as Osama they probably would have been able to get in the hotel.

They passed 2 security checkpoints and got outside the hotel President Bush is staying at. If Chas wasn't dressed as Osama they probably would have been able to get in the hotel.
Yeah. I'm just curious when the orders to shoot kick in.

And they have done it agan: smh

Well not quite breaching, but they did have a cardboard motorcade this time.

Still one day left of APEC.....

Yeah. I'm just curious when the orders to shoot kick in.

:lol: :goodjob:

POLICE: I have a confim terrorist target here.
COMMANDER: Is he headed towards Bush ?
POLICE: Yes
COMMANDER: Hold fire repeat Hold fire
POLICE: Roger hes within sight of Bush now
POLICE: Hes getting hes gun out now confirm to shoot
COMMANDER: Negative go firm I repeat go firm
POLICE: hes aimming and just shot Bush in the groin
COMMANDER: Confirm that Bush has been shot ?
POLICE: Roger
COMMANDER: Ok you can shoot now

On the subject of APEC and their security, I read this today and I just had to share it:

The fence is a "wall of shame" and undemocratic, the Communist Party of Australia says.

Communist Party spokesman Peter Symon said CPA members would be taking part in protests later this week, and he has called on all Australians to "stand up to the intimidation of protesters by the NSW and Federal governments".

"The Great Wall of Sydney is a wall of shame and a testament to the disastrous and anti-people policies of the capitalist leaders of APEC," Mr Symon said in a statement today.

"The anti-democratic laws, the violent water cannon, the open threats against protesters and the imposition of restricted zones have robbed the people of Sydney of their city.

"These abuses of our civil liberties must be resisted."

City workers seemed oblivious to the 2.8-metre high fence around the northern part of the CBD, the added security guards, the checkpoints to screen workers for security passes and the squads of uniformed police on the beat.
:lol: I guess they'd know all about putting up walls in the middle of cities. The difference is, they used real guns, not water cannons and polite warnings, to keep people from crossing it. Simply hilarious.

Man, i saw it on the internet and they where great!! Can't wait for next wednesday!

And it shows how much good John Howards Promises about secuity are.

Thats another "non-core" promise.

The chaser can go die. They're, pardon for a better word that is swearfiltered, poopoo heads.

Sorry but I don't mean to derail a little, but since so many Aussies are in this thread, I had to ask...

Who is responsible for this comedic gem? You know, "the front fell off"?

They are Clarke and Doyle. They appear every Thursday on the "7.30 Report" (ABC (the same chanel as the chaser), monday-thursday at 7.30pm suprisingly enough). Here is the 7.30 report webpage - and it looks like they put up videos of Clark and Doyle.

Enjoy :)

Top Bottom