Apolytonian Discussion: Borders

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
No, there won't be a poll here, as our options are inheritantly limited.

The way things are sounds by Apolyton, due to the effort they put into the GCA war, they will want all the land from Equilibrium to BoP. Though we will likely get BoP, a good size chunck of the continent will be theirs.

Are we willing to accept this, or should we make demands for more? Please, discuss.

All I have to say is you really dropped the ball. I am very disappointed. This should have been decided long ago. The first thing I did with the now extinct Elucidians was to sign an agreement that dealt with territory splitting. Now, we are getting nothing out of something that has cost us so very dearly. This should have been the first agreement you signed octavian. You should have spent less time sucking up, and more time acting like a real Ambassador - not a puppet.

Octavian, I read that you have discussed that before with Apolyton. I'm not sure if we can get more than that, but frankly even if we make it a 'gold rush' we wouldn't be capable of filling the space before them.

Can we capture BOP and all towns west before Poly makes anymore gains? If we can get east of BOP and Poly doesn't move west of equilibrium, might we then change the dynamic of our relationship with Poly?

I agree that having the borders decided before we attacked would have been advantageous, but if we are in a position to move on GCA more quickly than Poly we could use this ambiguity to stake a claim on more land than we would otherwise.

Since posession is nine tenths of the law, and we already know we are getting everything west of Equilibrium and BOP, I don't see the point in promising Poly gets everything else at this point.

Perhaps we could get all the territory Poly mentioned, plus whatever we could capture before the war is over?

Originally posted by Noldodan
Perhaps we could get all the territory Poly mentioned, plus whatever we could capture before the war is over?

I would agree to that, but would Poly?

Monday afternoon, I am going to go visit some old "friends" at Poly. MRex, having you there would be helpful.

At least that what Oct said. But the more the merrier. So, try to bargain as much as possible.

Originally posted by Goonie
Monday afternoon, I am going to go visit some old "friends" at Poly. MRex, having you there would be helpful.

Any planned time, Monday?

Originally posted by deshelbr
Since posession is nine tenths of the law, and we already know we are getting everything west of Equilibrium and BOP, I don't see the point in promising Poly gets everything else at this point.
I can think of several Immortal reasons why we should.

All the same, we should be content with everything west of the two chokepoints. However, it'd be even better if we could convince Poly to let us establish just one tiny village east of Balance of Power. Although, given the relative size, productive capacity and military mights of our two nations, I certainly wouldn't make it a deal-breaker.

Why risk our relationship with Apolyton at this time? Let's take what we can up to BoP, and send some Settlers to the north to claim some Silks(without disrupting the Poly Silk colony of course ;) ). Also, we should build a Galley and settle the grassy island to our west before someone else does. The island is close enough to Shen Ling to foster productive cities.

With those three obectives right there, we can add roughly 10 cities to our empire. Our best shot at accomplishing this is during the Sans-GCA Afterparty, or just slightly before. Time will tell if we are able to capture GCA cities, or if we will have to build them ourselves.

Of course, balance is key and we will have to try and maintain a strong military as well.

Top Bottom