1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Apolytonian Suicide Galley - New Contacts Proposal

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Octavian X, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

Apolyton's Togas recently informed me of a plan that it had devised: They will send a galley across the ocean, in an attempt to make contact with the other three remaining teams.

Considering this, they wish to form a contact-map NDA. Basically, neither we nor Apolyton will sell contacts to GCA, nor will we sell our world maps. Of course, if both our nations agree, contacts can be sold.

Thoughts?

2. Sheep

Sheep Orange Shrooms!

I like it, we must isolate the people in CGA, and band dare I say it with the Apolytoners. Otherwise we will fail and so will they.

3. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

I think Apolyton and Fanatikou should sign something that bans all trade with GCA. I also think that Poly should get ready for war with GCA. I'm not suspicous of Poly right now, but we need that declaration, very soon. For now, I would agree with this proposal, whole heartily (sp).

4. croxis

croxis Chat room op

A full embargo with GEC should cover this

5. Ankka

Ankka Deity

Yeah, let's sign a trade embargo against GCA with Poly! GCA must be isolated! If they are, they will fall back in tech sooner or later, and will be in trouble... :D At least thats what I think.

[Edit] Does Poly then have an idea of where could land be found? I mean they aren't sending their galleys out totally randomly, are they? [Edit\]

6. Octavian X

They've already explored all the coasts of the continent. At this point, the suicide attempt is the last thing they can do. So, in a nutshell, it's completely random.

7. Micaelis Rex

Micaelis Rex Prince

I fully support both proposals. Oh and hi btw. :p

8. ravensfire

ravensfire Member of the Opposition

If their galley fails, are we in a position to attempt a second try?

-- Ravensfire

9. Octavian X

We won't be in a good position to build our own galley until either we've got a larger offensive force, or until the war's over.

Still, that doesn't prepare for the possibility that another team isn't on it's own suicide mission.

This deal, playing keep away from GCA, is in our best interest.

P.S.: Welcome M. Rex! :)