Apoplectic Palace frustrations

Carabodes

Timid Viking Warlady
Here I am, the tiny, peaceloving Sitting Bull, minding my own business, happily building a little Civ in my private corner of the world. Trading is great, everybody loves me and we share techs and resources. Techwise I'm about equal to the rest of the world, just enough ahead to sometimes make some money and sometimes just exchange techs. Unitwise I'm the strongest, and with Stonehenge in place, my archers/longbowmen are awesom. No need to go to war to be able to build Heroic Epic. :D

Wonderwise I'm not that good, I've got a few, but I missed out on the Apostolic (Apoplectic) Palace. Zara buildt that. And he's my best friend, or rather, up untill a minute ago, he was my best friend. Throughout the game we have not had one single disagreement. Until now, that is. :cry:

He's confusian (and maybe therefore :confused: ), I'm jewish, but he has never asked me to convert, he still loves me.

And then, totally out of the blue, he votes for a trade embargo against me. Since the rest of the world have one city or other which is just as :confused: as Zara, the world is now a very closed place. I can move between me, myself and I. :sad: And I have several shiploads of units trapped in different places of the now very faraway ocean.

What is strange is that the turn after this happened, Zara opened up his borders to me, and he started trading. Ramses has started trading again, but is not willing to open his borders. Ghenghis has asked for opened borders, but is not willing to trade. Justitian the anemic is doing neither, and one of the US of A's is totally closed, the other one is wide open and tradewilling.

And they are all still friendly and pleased, not a sourpuss in sight! The bl**** :backstab:ers!!! :mad:
And there's no reason for any of them to envy me any resources, I only had silk and corn which I happily traded. I didn't even have horses (hence I have a lot of pikemen, 'cause all the others have horses.)
(A little off main story: I have no horses but got a quest to build plenty of knights. :lol:)

So now I'm so lonely and so blue, the :queen: of isolation. :(
And my economy is going downhill, and my citizens are red and green for lack of luxurious resources and precious food I can't grow myself.

Oh, I hate it when I miss out on that apoplectic nonsence thingy.:wallbash:

And I know what's coming next, I think. Either an united front against me with everybody attacking me, or a treat to change to :confused: so that Zara can have his diplo win. Might as well quit this game :hmm:

Thanks for "listening". Feel free to share my frustrations. ;)

He's too big to invade as of now, and we both have gunpowder (but nothing more, I've just got it, so I have 1-one musketman in progress), and he's got horses, I'm just about to get them.

And to get to him, I'll have to cross the others closed borders, he, he, because if I remember rightly, galleons cannot cross closed borders, can they? It's an Islands map, and Zara is far away. He can attack me, though, because he's got open borders with the others.

The map is against me, too. I've got plenty of big lakes with only narrow landbridges surrounding them, thus few hammers, the only really producing city is the one with the Moai Statues. But that city is rather small, only seafood and not plenty of it. The only big landmass I have is up north, plain tundra, some forests. Just had replaceble parts, so I've founded a city and am building lumbermills now.

Zara's got a huge island with hardly any lakes, lots of hills and grass, plenty more food of different kinds, 5 goldmines - and he's not hampered by a trade embargo, thus he's got money and a happy population. I went to -17 gold when the embargo hit me, that did something to my science. Maybe I'll wait till he's discovered mass media, he'll sure get there before me!

I'll leave the game for tonight. Tomorrow I will capture some horses (I've only just got them inside my border, I have a worker on the case) and do a lot of military research (and not trade it to him :D ), some cavaliers and riflemen will get in handy. At least I will not have to use money on upgrading to cavaliers, since I found horses so late.

The bitterness of it is not the loosing part, but that he beat me to the AP by 2-two measly turns (and I'm sure I spent those 2 turns on some idiothic anarchy)! And Judaism was spread to all the Civ's thanks to a random event and some money investment. I had one turn with Jewich shanting all over the place - up to 4 of their cities (each civ) was under my influence.

Edit:
PS! I'm a true pacifist. I find it hard to go to war, the barbarians are an exception, though. And I must admit I killed some of the anemic blokes (Justitian) early in the game, he had the audacity (is that the right spelling?) to settle on MY island. Twice he tried it, twice I beat him. But that was like 4 to 5 millennia ago and is all forgotten now.

Maybe I should bribe Gjengis to start a war? Shouldn't be too hard to convince him. :D If only that option is not redded out.

What about converting to the AP religion? This would make you a full member so they can't vote for canceling the trades with you or declaring a holly war to you.

@Qwerts
Then I'll have to change to org. rel. or free rel. for somebody to confuse me :D (I'm theocrat at the moment, I just fell in love with the fact that my archers were born with 5 promotions).

@Krikkitone
I've noticed that. Once I had Saladdin vote one of his own cities over to me. :D

What I tend to do is... if I do not like AP voting (if I am not the owner) or dislike UN resolutions... go and kill the highest voting member. Rinse repeat, win the game! :p

What I tend to do is... if I do not like AP voting (if I am not the owner) or dislike UN resolutions... go and kill the highest voting member. Rinse repeat, win the game! :p

That's what I'll probably do - tomorrow Zara is :deadhorse: (or I'll die with my boots on, as did my viking ancestors).

just burn down the AP city :mwaha:

:rotfl:
best suggestion so far.
Or I could take it, then convert and get a diplo win. I've done that one in another game.

Top Bottom