Apostles

acluewithout

Deity
I don’t know why, but I really don’t like how you use apostles to get additional religious beliefs or start inquisitions. Does anyone else feel that way?

I’d like to see something more like this:

- You can earn Great Prophet Points throughput the whole game. The first GP you get allows you to found a religion, but there is still a max number of religions per map. So, if all the religions have been taken, you can’t found a religion.

- Once you’ve got your religion, each additional Great Prophet when activated let’s you take another belief (up to your max) or let’s you start an inquisition.

- If you don’t have a religion (and now can’t because they’ve all been taken), or you’ve maxed out additional beliefs, each Prophet provides some bonus faith and (I don’t know) maybe temporary amenity or loyalty boost or a relic.

- You’d still have Missionaries, Apostles etc. The only difference is that Apostles would now just have their promotions and would be limited to spreading religion or religious combat.

- Separately, I wish the unit names and sprites changed based on your religion. It just seems weird having Buddhist Apostles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom