Apostolic Palace - kinda backwards?

The problem Stalke is one of scaling. It's like the bug with poison water. If your on a small map the bug does exist, if your on a larger one it's not such an issue. I have no problem with poison water lasting 7 turns and having 7 unhappiness, major problem when it gets into the 20's.

Exactly! I always thought that the number of religions should scale with the number of Civilizations in the game or Map Size. It makes a marked difference between standard and huge maps. In standard maps you can almost count on being next to someone with an early Religion, on huge you might not get in contact with another Religion until the late Medieval Period.

It would also remove this theorized exploit. If there's say 6 Civs and three Religions, all three Religions should spread itself nicely, thus dividing up the votes more evenly.

The Apostolic Palace in action....yet again I've been attacked as the Palace holder and resident....the motion, to stop fighting me...and the result ?

Agg ais settings is maybe just a little too mental now, these are supposed to be my friends for god's sake, AND I'm way above the aggressors on the power graph....:crazyeye:

I think this might be feasible on certain settings (i.e. pangea - standard size - 6 civs).

On the settings I play with, I tend to meet the last civs only some time after optics. Many of them will be in theocracy by then ( and they tend to stick with this for a long time, if not forever). With more than 10 civs in the game, I think this will be very hard to pull off, and you will have to dedicate yourself to that aim completely.

Send a spy and force them to change civics away from Theocracy, then.

Agg ais settings is maybe just a little too mental now, these are supposed to be my friends for god's sake, AND I'm way above the aggressors on the power graph....:crazyeye:

Were they actually friends with you prior to the fighting, or do you just mean you're meant to be a religious bloc united under the AP? Either way, the phrase "these are supposed to be my friends for god's sake" does seem appropriate. ;)

I think the behaviour makes sense though, if the people who're casting these votes don't actually like you. What would be the point in voting in the first place if everyone was always guaranteed to vote yes? They ought to vote according to what suits them best, and that's what they're doing. If a resolution passes that they don't like, but they don't want to leave the AP, then they have to follow it; *that's* the only time the AP should be an issue. And it looks to me like that's exactly how it's been implemented.

The whole point of it should be about converting the heathens, but the way it's set up actively discourages you from converting the heathens. At least, beyond a single small heathen city.

Maybe I'm just cynical, but I'd say it was more to unite the people against the heathens and to take their land and treasure, more so than to cause the heathens to join you on your particular path to "salvation." :lol:

Yeah, the fact that it is hypocritical, uses religion as a pretext to create artificial divisions for poitical reasons, and is open to manipulation and various dodgy diplomatic games, surely means Firaxis have successfully made it quite lifelike?

Were they actually friends with you prior to the fighting, or do you just mean you're meant to be a religious bloc united under the AP? Either way, the phrase "these are supposed to be my friends for god's sake" does seem appropriate. ;)

I think the behaviour makes sense though, if the people who're casting these votes don't actually like you. What would be the point in voting in the first place if everyone was always guaranteed to vote yes? They ought to vote according to what suits them best, and that's what they're doing. If a resolution passes that they don't like, but they don't want to leave the AP, then they have to follow it; *that's* the only time the AP should be an issue. And it looks to me like that's exactly how it's been implemented.

Suleiman was at "friendly status", The Khymer guy was Pleased with me. Backstabing so and sos. Anyways, soon as the war was over, they both went back to original status, wanted open borders, then the Khymer guy asks to be my vassal :crazyeye: :crazyeye:

Wasn't it Mulder's motto? , "Trust No-one"...applies to BTS agg ais settings too...

Hmm. If they really were meant to be your friends, as well as being part of the AP club (in the case of Suryavarman, anyway), that's disturbing. I don't like the sound of this. Why is it that the AI always votes so strangely? The UN votes never used to make sense either. Monty voting himself into universal suffrage and stuff like that. I hoped they'd fixed this kind of stuff, having added more complex UN/AP options in BtS. :(

Hmm. If they really were meant to be your friends, as well as being part of the AP club (in the case of Suryavarman, anyway), that's disturbing. I don't like the sound of this. Why is it that the AI always votes so strangely? The UN votes never used to make sense either. Monty voting himself into universal suffrage and stuff like that. I hoped they'd fixed this kind of stuff, having added more complex UN/AP options in BtS. :(

Well if you look at the screenshot, Suly and Sury were both the aggressors, so I don't blame them. Once they'd backstabbed and started the war, I didn't really expect them to vote to stop it. No it was more the fact that Peter, who had 96 votes, could have stopped it but voted no, for no adequate reason that I could fathom.

The Apostolic Palace in action....yet again I've been attacked as the Palace holder and resident....the motion, to stop fighting me...and the result ?

Spoiler :

Why yes. Peter decided that it would be good for you to be taken down a peg.

If Peter liked you lots more than the aggressors, he might have agreed to your resolution. But as it stands, he isn't hurt by the war.

Well if you look at the screenshot, Suly and Sury were both the aggressors, so I don't blame them. Once they'd backstabbed and started the war, I didn't really expect them to vote to stop it. No it was more the fact that Peter, who had 96 votes, could have stopped it but voted no, for no adequate reason that I could fathom.

Just today I was playing as the HRE with Hinduism as my national religion and I had built the palace. The Byzantines and I were up for control of the palace and I won, so the Byzantines converted to Christianity and then declared war on me! :eek: I thought it was an example of the new AI holding a grudge and thought it was quite clever.

Then they attacked, completely outnumbered me and laid seige to my biggest production city. I had really no hope for victory when I was given the option to vote on stopping the war. Me and one other civ (out of four) needed to vote yes in order to pass the resolution. The only people who voted yes on the resolution were me... and the Byzantines! They would have won the war, or at least captured my most important city but they voted to end it. Talk about mood swings. :crazyeye:

Just today I was playing as the HRE with Hinduism as my national religion and I had built the palace. The Byzantines and I were up for control of the palace and I won, so the Byzantines converted to Christianity and then declared war on me! :eek: I thought it was an example of the new AI holding a grudge and thought it was quite clever.

Then they attacked, completely outnumbered me and laid seige to my biggest production city. I had really no hope for victory when I was given the option to vote on stopping the war. Me and one other civ (out of four) needed to vote yes in order to pass the resolution. The only people who voted yes on the resolution were me... and the Byzantines! They would have won the war, or at least captured my most important city but they voted to end it. Talk about mood swings. :crazyeye:

To me, that's more like playing a moody pubescent teenager than an intelligent person. Let's hope it was just a coincidence, through a combination of circumstances. All of Europe didn't throw a sulk, and convert to Islam because Rome built the Vatican first....

even i had build apostolic palace, i have become a resident after few hundred years and i couldnt see anywhere an option to form a resolution ... :/ where is this option in game ?

Can we only propose resolution when it is prompted? Why can't we pick and choose which resolution to propose?

Top Bottom