Apostolic Palace + the UN

Kesshi

Emperor
I just thought of a strange situation.

What would happen if one person built the Apostolic Palace, but never researched Mass Media, keeping the AP from ever being obsolete. Could someone else research Mass Media and build the UN, thus having the AP and the UN functioning at the same time? Or would the completion of the UN nullify the effects of the AP once it was complete?

When I'm not the one actually building AP, I see this happening all the time myself as well. Both are fully functioning.

There are two options if this functioning AP is really bothering you:

1. Plan an invasion that starts with a surgerical strike to capture or raize the town in which the AP is located.

2. Gift that civ techs up to and including Mass Media.

I have this situation in my current game. Anyone know what will happen to my -10:( World Considers you a villain if I bother to capture the AP City? I assume I'd still be stuck with them as I have Mass Media?

I'm playing a Prince game right now where I had an isolated position that contained the first 6 (!) holy cities, so no one else in the game had a religion. Then some clown managed to found Islam and build the AP. I'm not sure what's going to happen from here, but I'm sensing I might have a problem.

That's why I try to never found more than one or two religions, playing on Continents. If you hog the religions, someone will found one and convert his whole landmass to it, and when you'll appear on their radar you'll be the heaten. Let them found several religions and fight between them, that' better. Not to mention that if you found several religions and don't spread the one you want with missionaries, you'll probably end with one or more neighbors converting to the wrong religion.

In your case, it's time to send caravels with missionaries I'd say.

That's why I try to never found more than one or two religions, playing on Continents. If you hog the religions, someone will found one and convert his whole landmass to it, and when you'll appear on their radar you'll be the heaten. Let them found several religions and fight between them, that' better. Not to mention that if you found several religions and don't spread the one you want with missionaries, you'll probably end with one or more neighbors converting to the wrong religion.

In your case, it's time to send caravels with missionaries I'd say.

Yeah, at a certain point I felt like I might be able to found all 7, but then I got lazy and didn't pay enough attention to closing the deal. It all started because I shared a starting island with Justinian and he founded 2 before I took him out.

I've met like 3 other leaders so far, and I think Saladin is the only one with a state religion, so I may still have time to get those missionaries out. Only thing is, I've been in free religion for a long time (hard to resist, once you have 4 religions in every city) and I'm already up to the point where I can research Scientific Method. I guess I could put it off for a while.

If the world villian is from the AP, you could prove your villiness by raizing the town completely. No AP, no AP penalties.

But since you have Mass Media, just capturing it would suffice, with the expiration of it all bonsues and penalties are cancelled.

Now if you didn't have Mass Media and captured it the villian points would remain and in fact you wouldn't even kick out the current resident.

I have this situation in my current game. Anyone know what will happen to my -10:( World Considers you a villain if I bother to capture the AP City? I assume I'd still be stuck with them as I have Mass Media?

I think the AP should have been obsoleted way earlier than mass media. A good point may be scientific method, or any of the industrial techs

Top Bottom