Apostolic Palace

cuchulain

Warlord
When the initial election is held for the AP, what determines how the AI votes? I'm playing a game where I'm friendly with everyone with a vote, but they still vote for the contender. Just to experiment, I used the world builder to eliminate the contender from the running, and they AI still voted unanimously for the new contender. I've given in to every demand made of me and the only negative points I have are from close borders.:confused:

On a related note, I really think that building the AP should gurantee that you are the chair, not just gurantee eligibility.

When the initial election is held for the AP, what determines how the AI votes? I'm playing a game where I'm friendly with everyone with a vote, but they still vote for the contender. Just to experiment, I used the world builder to eliminate the contender from the running, and they AI still voted unanimously for the new contender. I've given in to every demand made of me and the only negative points I have are from close borders.:confused:

On a related note, I really think that building the AP should gurantee that you are the chair, not just gurantee eligibility.

I think it has to do with population with the AP faith. I don't think it scales linearly; it's like the United Nations wonder. Ideally you have the AP religion, AP, and most other civs have one small city with the AP religion. That's the situation I am in right now: Saladin has 1 Confu city, so does Mao, and I have everything else. So AP is my own personal dictatorship which I used to end a war with Saladin when he abruptly DoW'd on me.. he still managed to spend 2 turns inside my borders while the AP vote was taking place, so he got to pillage one of my towns, but that was it.

Personally, I think it should be AP state religion only, not just anyone with the religion in their borders.

Personally, I think it should be AP state religion only, not just anyone with the religion in their borders.

So... a cardinal from the United States should have no vote in the Papal elections?

Seems a tad unfair to me.

Although, if I understand correctly, currently the number of votes given is reduced for civs for which the AP religion is not their state religion.

Top Bottom