1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Apparently Darius legalized something

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by MadRat, Nov 14, 2010.

1. MadRat

MadRat Cheese Raider

I know the AI happiness cheat isnt that popular; but just how bad it can get:

this is from 1942 AFTER Darius basically conquered 10 cities out of Siam (all puppets I think) - King Level

Even with all luxuries and a bunch of structures in every city I dont think a player could match this kind of bullshattery. :lol::lol::eek:

Rat

2. Callonia

Callonia Deity

Yup its ********. That kind of bs is common on prince.

3. Flector

Flector Chieftain

I'm used to seeing all my opponents >60, but I don't recall ever seeing anyone with 135. That guy must have had access to all luxuries and happyness social policies (and a small additional bonus off course ;)).

4. stormerne

stormerne is just a Retired Moderator

Perhaps Pythagoras squared everything before summing up. ;)

5. MadRat

MadRat Cheese Raider

As an addendum Askia has only 1 size 7 city left in the arctic with 1 luxury and he's still pulling in 23. :lol: Klondike bars for everyone!

Rat

6. DaveGold

DaveGold Emperor

I the Persians are designed to play with extra happiness and the piety boost for golden ages.

7. iggymnrr

iggymnrr Deity

AIs do seem to have a lot of happiness. But I've been at +150 with 20 cities as Egypt. I've been pretty "high" too as Persia and Siam. Burial Tombs, Satraps Courts and Wats have something in common and goes well with the right policies.

8. Licinia Eudoxia

Licinia Eudoxia Empress

I've seen 380 something with Darius on Immortal. He was a runaway AI and had taken over a huge 'continent' on pangaea (It was three huge landmasses with tiny landbridges). It was just stupid.

It was me locked on a little land mass with a tiny land bridge connecting to a huge continent of ENTIRELY Darius with ridiculous numbers of cities, then a land bridge connecting to a mid-sized continent with five civs on it.

I'm not sure why, it may just be luck or coincidence, or it could be the way the Persia AI is programmed, but Darius seems to almost always turn runaway.

Satrap's Court give an extra +2 Happiness, and I guess that could make a big difference when he has tons and tons of cities, but it shouldn't be by such huge numbers.

9. MadRat

MadRat Cheese Raider

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

That is insane!

10. Slowpoke

Slowpoke The Mad Modder

honestly I don't see why this happens on king and prince... on prince they receive no happiness bonus, and on king it's only a 10% discount. Happiness wonders I guess?

I should note, though, that getting happy after conquering late game is normal. Happy buildings do not get destroyed, and population is halved, resulting in net happiness through conquering and puppeting.

11. Licinia Eudoxia

Licinia Eudoxia Empress

I have to confess, he DID manage to get Forbidden Palace, and he had Order and Liberty, so that might have helped, but even then, that seems like way too much.

What's worse, is that I was bottled up and so only had 4 big cities, so I decided to focus on culture. He and I were tied for social policies, even though I got Cristo Redentor. With sooooooo many cities (more than I could count) his culture costs, supposedly, should have been astronomical.

Also, one time I went to trade with him, and his Gold Per Turn was at -6000 something. Sometimes it would be -25 or so, or even get up to +200ish, but every now and again, his GPT would dip into the negative thousands.

So again, this game could have been really weird, or something could have gone wrong, but Darius was just absurd. He made future era before anyone else in the game hit Modern (although he kept giving me research agreements when he was on Future Tech so uh... whatever.)

12. MadRat

MadRat Cheese Raider

This makes sense. All those conquered buildings could automatically become happiness building as well. So every bank would convert into a satrap's court?

That being said these happiness levels are so excessive that for some civs it is essentially above and beyond what bonuses other civ UAs get.

Rat

13. Varanid

Varanid Warlord

I've done it but not on Prince. Just chieftan.

14. KingYosef

KingYosef Warlord

Any list that says something like "people who like to smile the most" is just plain stupifying the game to console level.

15. Varanid

Varanid Warlord

Yes, the names for all those little tallies are inane. Oh well.

16. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

They should nerf AI happiness, or maybe make Golden Ages cheaper for them, so at least the list numbers don't look as ridiculous as they so commonly do (see the above screenie).