Apparently the Americas were first discovered by muslim explorers :)

an argument in the "scientific mold" has been offered . Fuat Sezgin , exiled in 1960 and still living and working in Berlin at the age of 90 appears to be the given source of the claims of 1178 . Some proffessor at the opposition ranks finds the qouted book , the 13th Volume of Geschicte des Arabischen Schrifttums and finds nothing of the sort . The story therein is about Portugese gaining access Muslim charts in Java in 1511 , apparently of great detail of Brazilian coasts . Exploration of which on the other side of world reportedly not finished then . Mr. Sezgin then merely offers the hypothesis that it's possible that some Muslim sailors reached Americas maybe before , maybe simultenously with Colombus to explore the area . We have no evidence of those Muslim charts , apart from a detailed copy of the said Brazilian coastline in the Portugese archives . Which was shown in Turkish TV back in 2012 . The original charts are reported to have sunk with a ship named Frol de la Mar .

the context of the 2012 event was the Unesco declared year of Piri Reis , or something like that . That year was the high point of New Turkey , when it was real fashionable to berate anything Turkish . And they were merely "demystifying" Piri Reis . ı am sure that ı commented somewhere that the missing portion of that map would have been real awesome ; luckily there is no way Americans will show it around -now that they don't have it in the first place . As for the one you might have seen around , it's not exactly a legend that workers repairing the Topkapı Palace had laid it on the ground as a "tablecloth" for lunch . And a certain Menzies , formerly of RN , went into History business almost solely to disprove the BS about it . Only to get so fixated about Zheng He . Which was the answer as he had already guessed in the first place . [This does not say Zheng He discovered America ; this says Zheng He had detailed studies of the Indian Ocean and stuff .] The newspaper has a reasonable explanation that the Portugese discovered Brazil in 1500 , the info quickly got into Indian Ocean with Portugese who were already operating there and the Portugese somehow in great kindness shared it with Muslims ...

there might be a question on why this doesn't get discussed in this manner ; within reason . Instead of a "Redskin bride" in Istanbul . Which apparently is a marketing tool of this Islamist who also possibly provided the PM with the idea of 1178 - he has had a book he had published in 1984 about Muslim discoveries just reprinted and that through a foundation that the PM's son runs . Apart from that ... let's see , the construction office that will carry out the construction of the mosque has found the location ! From that we see it's a gorgeous beach ; ı can just imagine with nibbling here and there they can also "grow" an holiday resort for "Muslims" ...

this business mindedness can become appalling . For in the same newspaper you can also see the success story of a Turkish businessman , who boasts of cornering 82% of the "Fok" trade . Fok means seal in Turkish and the resemblance to the F word has been real inspirational for the guy to name his company Fok You . Because it's certain that Western losers will be real annoyed with his company clubbing 200 000 baby seals a year to death . He doesn't defend himself ; he is on the attack in the much "loved" New Turkey way . The Westerners are hypocrites ; they don't care for the plight of Gazze but are so active for some animals . The West did nothing for Syria , but he employs 3 Syrians . This is the tone we in Turkey would have got -had this been "relevant" , but the Islamists are kinda divided into two , some still seeing profit in furthering the PM's cause and the rest turning the other cheek to the reports that the PM's palace has 2000 rooms and not 1000 .

FFS Domen, stop it with your pseudo-ethnic bullcrap posting about Poland in every damn thread. Especially when it comes to personal attacks on another forum member. Or, more accurately, on another forum member's grandfather! With a typical topic derailment into "OMG, Poland is teh awesum" added in.

Erdogan is known for making ridiculous historical gaffes in the name of nationalism, which, while fairly common for certain CFC posters, is not common among heads-of-state. It has been known to happen - Hu Jintao referenced Gavin Menzies' tripe when speaking to the Australian parliament once - but it's fairly rare. No one has ever accused Erdogan of being a logical individual, however, so this is hardly surprising.

"NASA's world of 'keeping it' (?) wants mosques on Mars" Maybe?

You know what? Google translate stinks.

And also Mars:

But not the Moon!:

"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"
- Pan Twardowski

James Stuart said:
FFS Domen, stop it bla bla bla bla bla bla... [don't care to read further]

How did you put your head back on your neck, Stuart ???

You claimed descent from THE Stuarts in another thread - I remember.

With a typical topic derailment

This is not any topic derailment. My posts were very much On-Topic.

After all, we are talking about Polish Muslims too (about Muslims in general, but this includes Polish Muslims as well) in this thread:

Link to video.

By the way, James - why are you pretending that this thread has any other purpose than hilarity ???

Even already the OP is clearly unserious, but encouraging others to mock the whole thing.

Had this thread been serious, then it would have been posted in "World History" subforum (cuz it's about history).

It says here's the mosque NASA is hiding from all the world. I think it must be a joke. The TV show says is NASA hiding the facts of making a dome on Mars and I think is a real discussion but I'm not familiar with the show.

Moderator Action: Let's keep this discussion at least vaguely on topic, and not about Poland or the Stuarts or anything of that nature.

I am surprised they haven't claimed that Muslims actually made to the moon first. I mean they claim that they are the original inhabitants of Palestine and have a history there of over 3,000 years.

While Erdogan made a fool of himself by this comment,

Not "Muslims", but Palestinians. And they ARE the indigenous people of Palestine, making all the previous cultures there - including ancient Jews in fact - part of the heritage they could claim.

I've known that Muslims had a major presence in the New World from early stages of exploration ever since playing the Ottomans in Age of Empires III back in 2005. I didn't know exactly when that dated to historically; now I do. Cool. I knew there had to be some basis for Ensemble's inclusion of the Ottomans in AoE3 beyond just the single-player campaign.

But this does raise the question of what makes this any more significant than the Vikings, even if you accept the very questionable 1178 date in the first place. Should we all convert to Norse Paganism since the Norse got there first? Time to send the Varangian Guard to take over Istanbul?

I do like the image of the formerly-a-Greek-Orthodox-church-style mosque on Mars. It's probably the great contrast between the barren Martian landscape and the mosque, yet the similar hues, that does it. Aside from minor details like oxygen supply and lack of food, it would go quite well there.

It looks like the Blue Mosque but the Blue Mosque has six minarets. Maybe it's the Suleymaniye mosque or just meant to be a generic Ottoman style mosque.

If Muslims went to the New World in 1198 they certainly weren't Ottomans.

All lies.

The Americas were first discovered by me in 1994.

In my diary, I made mention of how excessively rotund the majority of the population was, and that the plane that had flown me there was very big and had given me toys to play with.

Care to translate the second image? :)

^I am hoping tha R16 will (i don't know what it says cause it is in... latin ;) ).

But 'camii' means mosque.

r16 , r16 .

novakart has had the basics already .

the channel in question , CINE5 was the second privately owned station in country , it introduced the concept of women exercising in tights after midnight in Turkey . Later on it was bought by Al Crusading for the frequency , but still keeps going on . Definitely one of the New Turkey channels right now . But can't tell the date of the picture so can't identify the tendency exactly . You might have heard of the "face" on Mars . So they apparently claim there are domes in Mars . And NASA is hiding the truth from general public . It's quite possible those 4 never claimed it was a mosque , but the maker of the 3rd picture claims they did . While the New Turkey is full of idiots , they are all well trained to keep their tongues off in such clear stuff .

and naturally if Starfleet builds a mosque on Mars if won't be a repeat of Aya Sofya yet again . Islam requires the faithful to avoid waste and such a structure would be like so expensive in radiation shielding , right ?

If Muslims discovered America, first of all they failed to leave any evidence behind. Second they failed to leave any record of it. And third they failed to tell anyone about it at the time. So it really doesn't count for anything.

That's exactly what Erdogan claims.

While Erdogan made a fool of himself by this comment,

Not "Muslims", but Palestinians. And they ARE the indigenous people of Palestine, making all the previous cultures there - including ancient Jews in fact - part of the heritage they could claim.

Plenty of Palestinians trace their lineages back to the early Arab Muslims. Now, a large percentage of them are obviously descendants of Jews, Samaritans, or Franks, but they are culturally Arab in every respect.

nvm...

In a school room, the teacher asks "Who can tell me where America is on the map of the world hanging on the wall?"
Bill point his finger to it. "Well done Bill. Now who can tell me who discovered America?"
The class "Bill!"

Top Bottom