1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Appearances of Potential Leaders

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by TahamiTsunami, Nov 20, 2017.

1. TahamiTsunami

TahamiTsunami Chieftain

@Zaarin The New World did remind me of another art film I've seen called the Killer of Sheep. Both are technically good films but they do have incredibly slow pacing so they certainly aren't for everyone. I guess when you mentioned it was a slow-paced art film I should've realized it could be like the Killer of Sheep.

@Mobfire That is quite a nice painting and I'd have no complaints for a similar-looking Mayan queen. Out of curiosity, the Red Queen of Palenque is thought to be the wife of Pacal the Great right?

Zaarin likes this.
  2. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

@Mobfire Not bad, but could be better: notice the insane headdress (the Maya are one case where going crazy with the quetzal feathers is permitted *glares at Monty*), the large nose, and especially the elongated skull accomplished by binding the head of noble infants; such an elongated skull was considered a sign of nobility, intelligence, and refinement. She should also have inlaid teeth. (The Maya may have had one of the stranger and more...painful standards of beauty, but to their credit they held men to it, too. :p ) I'm not sure it should be a Mayan queen, but a leader carrying a baby would be really interesting--though leaders rarely took care of their own children.

TahamiTsunami likes this.
  3. SMcM

SMcM Chieftain

Were there any especially succcessfull Mayan queens? I can think of a number of Mayan rulers that would seem a good idea, but idk about Mayan queens.

4. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

A surprising number, actually: Lady Six Sky (probably the best choice), the Lady of Tikal, Lady Yohl Ik'nal (probably the most successful, but also the least likely if they want to represent different city-states--Palenque is likely to get Pacal the Great if they give the Maya multiple leaders like they did Greece).

SMcM and TahamiTsunami like this.
  5. AnonymousSpeed

AnonymousSpeed Pink Plastic Army Man

The bunch of ravens.

Zaarin likes this.