1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

APR organization thread Kingdom of Aretania!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by Seidrik_The_Gray, May 20, 2008.

1. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

I'm sorry, dutchfire. Just couldn't resist. I definitely don't want to go to war with you.

2. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Says who? There is still me and Daveshack!!! But Duke, I will follow your desicion with the collapse of the IWMF.

EDIT: Gnoman Empire, you can take over IWMF now!

3. Seidrik_The_Gray

Seidrik_The_Gray Seidrik The Gray

Advisers do need to collect requests and information and then present them. You, advisors can present said information here or via your own threads.

4. Seidrik_The_Gray

A name change is definitely in order. Hmmmm...Sedrik, any nay sayers?

5. Seidrik_The_Gray

I would like the Master of Arms to be in charge of troop production, and support, planning how many and what kind of military to produce and to advise the King as to deployment of said military, along with war planning.

In the interest of maximizing the involvement of the generous citizens of Aretania, I envision sharing responsability for planning and strategy decisions. I, however, hold the final say over blessing said plans, which the designated player for the turnsession must follow on penalty of execution.

6. Seidrik_The_Gray

I had hoped for separate threads, but there may not be enough time for that. Ideally, all those who hold positions will lead discussion threads to formulate the plans and instructions for my review. Then, said instructions on recieving my blessing will be dutifully executed by the designated player.

7. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

No we have not adopted Hinduism. We have Mysticism, Meditation and Priesthood. To get Monotheism (Organized Religion) we need Masonry (2 turns), Polytheism (4 turns) and Monotheism (6 turns). This is adjusted after our cities stop researching from hammers.

EDIT 2,3 and 5 turns if we build academy.

8. Seidrik_The_Gray

Very good point.

I will make Civplayah the voice of faith, per your request.

As to adopting Hinduism....I need to look at the save, but I think the limited war is out, since we were no where near ready to play under Monarchy and had the Interregnum period.

I need to have an assessment of the military situation. No doubt, Hatty has bronze now, and the limited war idea is probably out. So, if we are to go to war with Hatty, it must be when we are gunning to take her out.

I would therefore say, that we should just adopt Hinduism, get some tech trades rolling, build up our military, which will require Catapults and Swordsmen, with HAs and Axes taking out resources.

We need a Master of Arms or (insert Senior Military Leader/Advisor title here) person ASAP. Lord Civius' foreign assessment is also a crucial piece here.

Looks like peaceful build up and expansion until we are ready to take Hatty out now...

9. Seidrik_The_Gray

Oh, and I want this first session to be 5 turns, and I would like to see another session planned to occur on Monday or Tuesday, and again for 5 turns.

10. Seidrik_The_Gray

You are the first to ask for this position. If you agree to organize a land award system for my new kingdom, whereby titles of priority would be granted to my advisors, and those, who are currently the heads of established merchant guilds, then this would be enough.

Others have started discussing a gold or sub economy system. Work on this too, but only after the land title system has been worked out.

If you agree to this, then the position is yours.

11. Cyc

My lord, I am honored by your offer and agree to the requirements of the position.

As I am new to the land, I would like to request from the royal map makers their latest works so that I might be better prepared. Also, would there be any record of a prior discussion on this subject?

Master of the Tribunal
    Cyc

12. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

I would serve in this capacity, if you will accept my service.

13. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

Me and a couple others were working on a few things but nothing ever came of them. Perhaps a fresh set of ideas not tainted by our earlier discussions may be a better way to go. There are many land grants already given but per the rules they can be stripped when a new faction takes power. Blastoid owns the horse tile and is very active with it so that would be the only one I wouldn't touch. Other than that a new system is very much needed. Perhaps if anyone really wants to keep the tile they have maybe they can request it from you.

There are so many different threads holding the info you requested it would take me hours to go through it all and set up links. If you really want to go through it all then it is all in the citizens threads in the faction threads and threads like Warlords land grants and one called land distribution. Our discussion threads on the economy are labeled as such. Again I would recommend a fresh set of ideas.

14. Cyc

Thank you, Lord Civius. Your help is deeply appreciated. I will start digging and reading.

15. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

Uhhm... 5 turns. Okay. I would prefer that we got some religion in New Giruvegan asap, but until then... What wonders are available :rolleyes?

16. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

I would like to ask why only 5 turns.....

17. Seidrik_The_Gray

Our platform called for more frequent turn sessions per week. We will have two sessions per week of 5 turns each. We could do 10, I suppose, but judging from what happened in the first faction-period, one gripe was how much of the game was being played by one faction.

I would prefer to do no more than 10 turns. Instructions beyond 10 turns begins to bare little reliance on real data and the game situation. Designated players also end up contending with long lists of things to do.

I will poll this and I will poll the issue of offline play in the interest of moving things along.

18. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

IMO the gripe was about running one session of 20 turns. Two sessions of 10 turns is about the same as what we accomplished when the DGs were running smoothly.

The alternative method that I had suggested was 2-3 turns a day, or 5 turns every 2-3 days.

19. Seidrik_The_Gray

I have a poll up in the poll area to discuss. I'm open to either a 5 or 10 turn play session.

20. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Which we may as well wait for an AI to research and trade for anyways.