1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

APR organization thread Kingdom of Aretania!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by Seidrik_The_Gray, May 20, 2008.

1. Seidrik_The_Gray

Seidrik_The_Gray Seidrik The Gray

I am in agreement here. Either we go with Math->Construction or Math->Currency->Construction.

2. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

A man sat near the council area, sharpening his axe and observing the king and his advisors. Had the king noticed his quiet comment in reply to needing a Master of Arms? Was the king testing his fealty by making him wait for an answer? Or was he merely preoccupied by other matters? Patience, he decided, is the best course of action for now, especially since he didn't have an immediate report on the military to give anyway.

3. Seidrik_The_Gray

Seidrik_The_Gray Seidrik The Gray

Taking a break from the painful process of organizing his people, the King turned to see a man sharpening his axe just outside the council chambers.

With a glance from the King, the captain of his body guard left his post to approach the King.

"Sire?"

"Who is that man sharpening his axe?"

"Sire, he is a warlord from the North, more used to dealing with Barbarians than with civilized men, but he is said to be knowledgible in his craft."

"Tell him to meet me in the map room."

"Yes sire."

King Seidrik then left instructions for his advisors and left for the map room, while the Captain of the Guards went to speak with the Warlord.

(A few minutes later in the Map Room.)

The Warlord entered, and roughly bowed, but King Seidrik payed no mind to its crudeness, since it was a relatively new custom anyway, and one that had really just sort of happened the minute he was crowned in the square, barely a month ago.

"I am here Sire for the position as your Master of Arms."

"Yes, I can quite see that you have some skill there with your Axe and my guards tell me that your exploits against the Barbarians of the North are well known amongst the soldiers. Do you hale from Edorai? Well, no matter, I need someone who can take the task of organizing the military preparations off of the shoulders of my other advisors, so they can more aptly devote themselves to focused areas. Present to me a plan that will best rid us of the Spaniards and yet not cripple the expansion and development that has been lacking in Aretania. Much time has been lost I'm afraid, and yet, we find ourselves needing to do three things all at once. You see, we must build more cities, we must increase our economy, and we must also remove the Spanish threat by force, and my rule must see to all of these things. What would you suggest, and if I find your advice to be worthy, then the position as Master of Arms will be yours. Well, what do you have to say?

4. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Why math? Civius say's Lincoln already has it and hatty will be soon to research it straight after. We may as well just start on currency.

5. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Cyc remains seated at a large table by the back wall of the council chambers. One eye on his present research of the Land Grant situation, one on the whirlwind of activity in the shape of advisors that surround the King.
    He watches as the King moves with deft precision from one to the other, displaying a grace in the mechanics of politiks that reminds him of a young Ravensfire.

He sees the almost gruff, almost scholarly Warload outside tapped for an audience with the King. That must be DaveShack. He walks with confidence. He's attended high level meetings before.

Cyc had been noticing the brevity, nay the near curtness of BCLG100 as he questioned the King. Smiling, he wondered about olive oil and BCLG oil #100.

Ah... back to work. Thinking aloud, "Ok, I believe the basics are in hand. Simple, yet attractive. Worthy of development, and possibly expandable to a taxation system for the Kingdom as well as an economic footprint for the masses. Hmmm. I must present this to the King."

Gathering his papers, wishing he had better maps in the process, he decided to write a personal note the King. Private reflection time was probably in order here. This may be the big one...

6. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

I agree here (as you could expect). But Math is also needed for construction.

7. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Yeah but if we're going for peacefull landgrab we may as well hold off on construction.

8. fed1943

fed1943 Emperor

My thanks, Your Majestic, I hereby accept the honor.

I just wait to meet the Wizard Methos, so he kindly guide me again to put
    the HOF magic into my new Rod of Binaria.

My respects,

9. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

I believe kwp wants to play peaceful first, while getting Construction, and then wage war.

10. fed1943

fed1943 Emperor

I have the HOF again; and opened the game
    (save from JoeHarker,right?).
    Next play is/was today, so not in time to
    post about, I think.
    Anyway,i'll post something.
    Best regards,

11. Joe Harker

Joe Harker 1st in the Premiership!

:woohoo: :)

Yes it was my turnchat
    The next turnchat is later today i think.

12. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

You English are so good at posting play times ;)

Almost as good as you are at qualifying for European Championships

13. DaveShack

DaveShack ponders the King's words for a moment, and replies "Your request shows great wisdom, Sire. I will study the information your advisors have gathered and determine what forces we would need to crush the Spanish. By your leave..." He then bows again, a little more confidently this time, and backs away.

A while later, he returns to the council area and joins the line of advisors with information for the King. When his turn comes, he approaches and bows. "Sire, I have considered our needs for a future war with the Spanish. It will be many years before we are prepared, but I believe we can eventually accomplish your goal."

The details of the analysis can be found in the Strategy Academy thread. Sorry it took so long, RL has been kinda wild the past few days.

14. Joe Harker

Joe Harker 1st in the Premiership!

OT
    We may have invented football and standardised time (i think), doesn't mean we have to be good at it! :p

15. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

When is the next TC? How many turns? Goals? Who will play? Etc. Etc.

16. DaveShack

Yes, it seems things aren't much better than they were before. :(

17. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Yeah, our King hasn't posted for four days straight. Hope he's OK.

18. DaveShack

Yes, hope he's OK.

One drawback of the monarchy and despotism approach is exposure to absence of the leader resulting in absence of action. The advisors need to feel comfortable enough to play on.

19. Lord Civius

Lord Civius Emperor

I suggest we appoint a Regent to the Crown within the next 24 hours. If kwp hasn't showed up by then the Regent can assume the thrown until he returns. The Regent should be someone not tied down with RL issues at the present time.

20. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

I could play friday (or sunday) if needed.