April 2021 Update - Patch Notes Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Laurana Kanan, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

Representing the beginning of the Sengoku Jidai. Now, all we need is someone shouting "SHAMFUR DISPLAY" whenever a Samurai Unit is killed.

The Civs 6 likes this.
  2. OzzyKP

OzzyKP Emperor

The monks got a combat strength boost. Maybe it is just in line with the other CS changes to units, I dunno. But there was a change.

nzcamel and Daigotsu Max like this.
  3. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

I'm really glad that Korea is getting more science, because they were so underpowered.

4. Andrew Johnson [FXS]

Andrew Johnson [FXS] Warlord

One idea was that to attempt to pet the cat would result in damage to the Scout and all adjacent hexes.

the_sun, nzcamel, nauberry and 14 others like this.
  5. Duke William of Normandy

Also, may I raise attention to the fact that the Mountie is now at 290 Production instead of 400?

I think that's accurate, but maybe I've just been watching too much "My Cat from Hell." :p

Datgingah likes this.
  6. Kwami

Kwami Deity

Oh, come on. You're going to get like 5 extra science or something. It just makes the placement game a little more fun.

Leah and Rachael likes this.
  7. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

Lol. Aw, I guess that would be a little unbalanced unless if you gave "charges" for how many pets you could give the cat.

8. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Deity

Same for me, though I'm not convinced that this a new bug (and I consider it as one, as the serious sideeffect is likely still that no floods will happen then in the entire game)...I started a game with old, standard-sized TSL Earth map and it is the same. And if I remember correctly, my last game on this map was the same. No named rivers, no floods.

9. Daigotsu Max

Daigotsu Max Warlord

Fun fact about Spain as I'm currently playing them: the free builder is also granted when you conquer a city on a new continent. Needless to say I've been happily conquistadoring.

10. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

More that they got attention while other civs like Scotland could have used a minor boost at least.

Meluhhan and Kmart_Elvis like this.
  11. ShahJahanII

ShahJahanII Homesick Alien

What is this timing push and how does it work?

12. AriaLyric

AriaLyric Nonbinary | Peaceful Builder

This, combined with the animationless Gentle Eruption from a volcano during the livestream yesterday, makes me wonder if Natural Disasters (or at least just some of them) are bugged such that no graphics appear? That'll really suck if it applies to tornadoes, hurricanes, sand storms, and blizzards, cos then you'll hardly be able to tell what tiles they crossed over.
    Did they really change what naval barbarian units spawn??? Can anyone confirm???

13. hhhhhh

hhhhhh Prince

Sarcasm?

14. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

With the Barbarian Clans Mode active, I saw several Galleys. I became used to them. Then I failed to notice the Quadreme hiding amongst them and it killed my Scout.

Meluhhan, nzcamel, Kjimmet and 3 others like this.
  15. AriaLyric

Oh wait, I didnt notice then, I'll go back and check

16. hhhhhh

hhhhhh Prince

To nitpick my own post, Korea is slightly nerfed when so many units and UU got a strength boost and it seems like Hwacha is still at 45/60 (melee/ranged).

8housesofelixir and Daigotsu Max like this.
  17. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

You can draw attention to it but it is mentioned on the first post of this thread ....

• [Gathering Storm] Mountie: Combat Strength increased to 62 (was 60). Added additional National Park charge. Costs 290 Production (was 400).

18. AriaLyric

Ah ok, they did get buffed, I just missed it. Hoping this is enough to make them useful, will definitely try them out soon

19. Duke William of Normandy

I know that, I just didn't see anyone talking about how the Mountie is now cheaper by around 33%.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  20. JifMoose

JifMoose Chieftain

I'm kind of ok with the balance changes (Scotland excepted). I really don't expect a great deal, and the hype/sky-high expectations flummox me.

But I registered an account purely to say this: how is this still not fixed? It is just unacceptable that we need to use a jerry-rigged mod to make this mode playable, after two updates.

It is baffling to me why people care in any measure about a gimmicky "pet" option when such glaring bugs remain to be fixed.