April 2021 Update - Patch Notes Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Laurana Kanan, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Pretty sure the Mountie is still a standalone unit. That one makes sense as it primarily is useful for national parks and the only one that doesn't upgrade into anything so they stay for the rest of the game.

Also glad that the Winged Hussars are early cuirassiers and you don't have to wait until the Industrial Era for them. :D

It's still definitely the worst leader ability, in my opinion, but at least all the other components of Scotland to me are fine.

nzcamel and Dantesedge like this.
  2. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Emperor

So to play Scotland I have to use civ expanded mod... for me that Scotland is only true Scotland... OG Scotland is dead. Same with Netherlands.

Moderator Action: You don't like the patch, we get it - enough! --NZ

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2021
  3. Haig

Haig Deity

Usually the patch notes haven't given out everything that has changed, for some reasons, like there has been threads on things people find that were not in the patch notes.
    They definately told that AI is more active in using navies in the preview video so I guess they just forgot to type that stuff up

4. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Emperor

What a disappointing way to end NFP... I guess It could be worse....
    But still...

5. InsidiousMage

InsidiousMage Prince

China's Crouching Tiger.

6. Earl Grey - hot

Earl Grey - hot Chieftain

For me the most disappointing aspect is the Loyalty "buff" - +2 Loyalty to domestic trade routes is still pretty weak. I can't claim to have any creative or super interesting alternatives, but even if it was something like [+2 Loyalty to domestic trade routes, +4 Loyalty to domestic trade routes on a different continent] that would be more interesting/useful.

+2 Culture from International trade routes isn't nothing, but again this might be more interesting if it was boosted depending on your relationship with the Civ - so maybe a +2 base, rising to +3 if you're Allies, rising to +4 if you're Allies and have an Embassy in their Capital. I'm not an expert on Dutch history so I can't speak to how thematically these would fit with Radio Oranje, just my suggestions.

8housesofelixir and Kmart_Elvis like this.
  7. Abaxial

Abaxial King

This is really disappointing. So many problems not fixed. Why boost some of the strongest civs and not the weaker ones?

Could someone please enlighten me as to what a "Tier 3 start bias" is. I get the start bias, but what is the difference between Tier 1, 2 etc?

conorbebe and Kupe Navigator like this.
  8. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Same here, strange!

robal1991 likes this.
  9. Chysp

Chysp Chieftain

There's a lot to like here, even if I wish they'd gone a bit further with some nerfs to the strongest civs and some buffs to those that needed it.

Spain replaces England as the colonizer civ, and those games are always fun to play. The new China effect is going to be super fun as well.

Also, do we know what the deal was with Atlantis? I don't see it is a toggle-option on the TSL Huge Earth map. I know there was a suggestion that Secret Societies would enable it, but that doesn't appear to be the case either.

10. hhhhhh

hhhhhh Prince

This cultural change is awesome. But I wish there's a tier system, when you are, say 50% dominate, or 75% dominate, you gain something but not the full bonus. Like what they did in Civ V.

11. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

Tier 1 is the strongest bias. Higher is weaker.

12. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Emperor

Now I am terrified if Fraxis will not fix the bugs any more.:undecide:

Hellenism Salesman and conorbebe like this.
  13. InsidiousMage

InsidiousMage Prince

Pet the dog on the Scout doesn't do anything on the PS4 unless it just there for the memes.

14. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

Does Sumeria's bonus effect their own units after all?

15. Dantesedge

Dantesedge Chieftain

Just a personal opinion of mine. I understand why people like them. Yes, it would have been nice to see them change the awfulness that is Bannockburn (which I had hope for when they removed Tamar’s CB ability).

16. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Emperor

Why can't they use that resource to improve the game?

conorbebe likes this.
  17. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

:rolleyes:

XVeris, Stilgar08, AriaLyric and 4 others like this.
  18. Lokreah

Lokreah Chieftain

Maybe it's my TV. Inca colours are a lot more muted...

19. Luxerne

Luxerne Warlord

It seems so.

20. Kmart_Elvis

Kmart_Elvis King

Radio Oranje really needs to scale. Either based on alliances, or ages, or something. The ability itself isn't bad (just boring) but the old +1 loyalty and +1 culture were just ridiculous to the point of not even noticing them. Making them +2 almost feels like a troll effort.

And no changes to Scotland, a civ with a leader ability I've never even had a chance to use in my games playing them? It's like playing without an ability.

Lot of good things in this update (the tourism changes are a welcome and well-needed surprise! ), but the egregious ignoring of the most dire needs of changing really sours my view of it.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021