[April Fools] New Civilization 5: Gods & Kings Details released

"prehistoric" just means "before history" and history really just means stuff that we know about the past. so, for example, this article talks about prehistoric people in modern southwest usa from about 1000 years ago. there were civilizations back then.

when you first see the "new info" you can tell that it is a picture of a GDR's feet, a picture of mecha Godzilla from google images, and photo shopped numbers ( in a different font).

wrong.
no difference in font, and a gdr's feet don't have 3 claws. they look like this:

thanks for believing it so much you thought it was an actual in game model.

Attachments

• gdrfeet.png
    gdrfeet.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 479
Now I really hope someone will end up modding a mechaGodzilla in the game as a Japanese UU.

Or better yet, that it will be a regular Japanese UU for CivVI :lol:

That's a great one Awesome! Bermuda Triangle Natural wonder cannot be found, yet all ships to enter the tile dissapear

This would indeed be something. Maybe the ships wouldn't disappear immediately, but rather there is a chance of them disappearing as long as your ships stayed within the tile for a certain number of turns.

Although I'm not sure it would be good for game balance. Imagine you launching a massive naval invasion and your ships enter the Bermuda Triangle and half of them disappear. Hugely unbalanced effect :crazyeye:

I thought there was something wrong with the Mecha picture because it doesn't have the baroque styled (or whatever it is called) borders around the unit name.

wrong.
no difference in font, and a gdr's feet don't have 3 claws. they look like this:

thanks for believing it so much you thought it was an actual in game model.

the /4 in the movment amount is different, you used the city attacking thing to cover that up. and those arent the GDR feet,there something you edited in/changed. also, in vexings joke, he said that you had to discover agriculture before founding your civilization. so, why would a game called civilization start before one could make a civilization?

Well when I think of the Maya I tend to think of them more based in the Yucatan than Mexico. Which means Far Eastern Mexico, Belize (Which Guatemalans still claim as their own), and mostly Guatemala.

The major centres of the Maya world, aside from Tikal (which is just beyond the modern Mexican border) - and perhaps to a much lesser extent, Caracol (now in Belize) - were however predominantly in the Yucutan portion of Mexico - Calakmul, Chichen Itza, Uxmal and Palenque were all important Classic Maya states. The other Yucatan states are rather small, after all, even the Yucatan portion of Mexico is a fairly sizeable area relatively speaking.

Yes, I know about the Guatemala-Belize issue - I was at Las Cuevas when something approaching a minor border war flared up a few years ago...

I haven't played civ 5 actually. Yet, it was obvious it's april fools right from the start. Can't believe any1 fell for that.

I'm really surprised that nobody questioned why the hell 2K would release new infos deep in the night at the weekend. That was my biggest concern, how could anybody believe that, and really nobody thought about it.

Also congrats to vexing for the mecha image, that was just awesome.

maybe some sort of prerelease/demo would be nice... we get to play, we report bugs, 2K fixes the bugs and releases the dlc earlier. agree/disagree?

I wouldn't be surprised about Godzilla, we did get GDR last time (I personally liked GDR, I just wished they had of called it a mech or something, made my future battles a bit more interesting rather than just Modern Armour).

the /4 in the movment amount is different, you used the city attacking thing to cover that up. and those arent the GDR feet,there something you edited in/changed. also, in vexings joke, he said that you had to discover agriculture before founding your civilization. so, why would a game called civilization start before one could make a civilization?

your concept of what is a 'civilization' is a bit off from what others believe.

People existed before 4000 BC, even in large groups that shared a language and didn't settle down.

They 'eventually' learned agriculture, and settled down, but that doesn't mean they didn't exist until that point. So yes, a game called Civilization can start before groups actually start planting cities and farming, just fine. It'd be far more realistic. :mischief:

your concept of what is a 'civilization' is a bit off from what others believe.

People existed before 4000 BC, even in large groups that shared a language and didn't settle down.

They 'eventually' learned agriculture, and settled down, but that doesn't mean they didn't exist until that point. So yes, a game called Civilization can start before groups actually start planting cities and farming, just fine. It'd be far more realistic. :mischief:

Maybe this is what the next Civ game needs, actually, to keep it fresh. I mean, adding the prehistoric era would actually be interesting, if they could make it fun. And then add a future era as well. Otherwise the next Civ game would be a rehash of the all previous Civ games but with "new" features and updated graphics and whatnot....I mean, not that that's bad, but it's just that, I'm sure people want something more.

Right. And we should have random events with the Protheans visiting Earth and watching Mankind evolve...

Wow, I was completely fooled. Well done!

I'm just a little depressed now, some of that sounded great :cry:

No kidding.

There wasn't anything outlandish about any of that. It would all be good additions to the xpac. :/

I'd love the prehistoric start with having to research agriculture before setting - gives you a chance to scout around a bit before planting that first city. It would rock. Sadly the AI probably would do a horrible job of this so it'd never fly.

I was fooled until "Knight of the Round Table"

Not even the picture fooled me since it seemed like a nice Japanese spin on the GDR which is already in-game.

maybe some sort of prerelease/demo would be nice... we get to play, we report bugs, 2K fixes the bugs and releases the dlc earlier. agree/disagree?

Considering how much complaining there was about bugs when it first came out, I don't even want to imagine what this place would be like if they released it in essentially a beta stage.

Top Bottom